4Am Showers

Some time during season 6
(Date is just made up)

As the sun peeks though the window lighting her room ever so slightly, Spencer slides softy out of bed letting her bare feet hit her carpet lightly. She rubs her arm, trying to tame her crawling skin although she knows it's useless. She puts her elbows on her exposed thighs that are still too skinny and then rests her head on her hands. She takes a deep breathe and stands still shaking.

Spencer tip toes towards her door leading to the bathroom,opens it and slips in turning the light on in the process. She squints her eyes then opens them again trying to get them to adjust to the new artificial bright light in her white bathroom. The tiles are cold on her feet as she slowly pulls herself over to the shower. She's know what going to happen, she knows her parents will wake up and hear the shower it's only 3.30AM they will be worried. But she doesn't care in that moment at 3.30Am on Tuesday the 21st of July all she wants to do is shower. She wants to wash the images of the nightmare away. But most of all she want its to all go away completely. She's knows that it never will.

As steam fills her bath room she slides off her clothes and gets into the shower, leaving a slight gap in the door, she's been doing that for a while now. She lets the hot water run down her body and face masking the salting river of her tears. She doesn't dare close her eyes, she knows as soon as she does the images that haunt her dreams more like nightmares will come flooding back in.

It's been the same nightmare for nights and ever time she wakes up in the middle of the night with a scream or a start with tears spilling down her checks. And every time she gets up and takes a hot shower, it doesn't clam her as such but it helps. It all feels to real. The blood. The screams. The slamming of doors. Masked voices. The buzzing. It makes her feel light headed.

She washes herself almost violently scrubbing her skin, she can still feel the blood on her, who's she doesn't know. And Spencer hates not knowing things.
As she watches the soaps run into the sliver drain she sobs lightly, then begins to wash herself for the third time.

Once she finishes drying herself she slides on one of her boyfriends shirts, allowing herself to smile ever so slightly taking in his sent. She walks into her room turning on one of her smaller lights. She looks around. This doesn't seem right to her how did her how did A get her room so perfectly, the only thing that wasn't there was Toby's chair. She's glad about that.

She sits herself comfortably on the chair pulling a blanket up around her, she looks at the clock 4:15Am,great she thinks as she starts to fiddle with her hair.
She doesn't let herself think, she knows if she does the questions she's doesn't know the answers too will be floating around nagging at her. Spencer doesn't have the words to describe how she's feels, which is off considering she is 'Spencer Hasting the walking dictionary.'

Hearing her door opens she jumps turning around expecting to see her mother "Toby" she stutters looking at him standing in her doorway. He's wearing a t-shirt and pyjama bottoms, his brown hair is all messed up and his blue eyes are tried, he had obviously been woken up. "w-what are you doing here" her voice comes out a little to uneven for her liking. "You mum rang, she said you hadn't been sleeping and kept getting up at ungodly hours in morning to shower. She's worried about you Spence." Toby says moving towards her. Spencer's eyes filled with tears "yeah, well I wish she would go back to not giving a damn." She's says more coldly then she expects turning so her back was to him "Spence, she's your mum,you've been though a lot, what do you expect" he states more then asks placing his hand on her arm, sending bolts of warmth through her. "I'm fed up with people worrying about me, walking on egg shells around me, scared if they say one wrong thing I'll brake. I'm fed up of not knowing anything, of feeling scared , not being able to sleep. I'm just fed up Toby. I want it all just to go away, and stay away." She sighs heavily letting the tears she's been holding back to flood out of her eyes to her checks. She turns slowly expecting him to say something like "people just care about you that's all" or "its gonna be okay Spence, you'll get though this." But he doesn't.

Instead he puts in hands on her waist and pulls her to him she was about to ask what her was doing , but he answers her question by capturing her lips in his. She puts her arms around his neck playing with the hair on the drape of his neck ,kissing him back softy. She feels him pulling away lightly, not wanting this kiss to end she crosses her arms behind his neck pulling him closer and pushing her chest against his, running her tongue across his bottom lip asking for entrance, which was happily accept.

She jumps up wrapping her legs around his waist, he instinctively puts his hands on the bottom of her thighs tracing his thumbs in circles, she moans slightly into his mouth as he sits down on her bed. He flips them so she lays on the bed with him hovering over her without braking the connection of their lips. He pulls always slightly then starts to kiss down her jaw line and neck, coming up to the spot just behind her ear, lingering there for a bit causing her to moan softly again. Before returning to her lips. She hungrily kisses him trying to pull up his shirt. "Spence" he whispers pulling back "not now" he saying taking her hand from his shirt. "I just want to forget anything for a while, is that to much to ask?" She questions in a whimper.

"Of corse it isn't Spencer, but tomorrow you know when you parents aren't here, after you've had a couple of hours of rest." He says letting go of her hand and moving his to her face. "I don't want to go to sleep" she says sounding so helpless , he's heart brakes slightly. He hates seeing her so scared. "I know but you need to, I'll be right here." He says sliding off her grabbing the blanket from the bottom of her bed pulling it round them before enclosing her in his warmth. "Okay" she whispers nuzzling her head into Toby's chest taking a deep breathe of his sent. He kisses her head whispering I love as she closes her eyes.