The signs

CHAPTER ONE

Something was wrong. At the time I wasn't quite sure what. I could feel something... I'd seen a couple of signs that your average person would've just ignored.

But I'm not your average person.

The day I noticed something was wrong; was an ordinary day. It was a Wednesday, like every other wednesday,so like usual I was returning from school. I go to a private school because my parents seeing something in me, it wasn't just my parents thinking I was better than I am because I'm their only son. They didn't have a biased view, they actually believed it was something different...

I was sitting in the passenger seat of our relatively new Audi, it wasn't the most expensive car ever but I liked it, it was a nice little vehicle.

I was sitting there listening to my iPod via HTC Headphones that came with my sisters old phone.

I wasn't listening to the radio because I'm not too keen on the music my parents like. I'm more into the heavy genres of music.

But anyway, back to the point I was just looking out the window; just watching people and various shops out of my window. Then I saw the first sign.

A tall woman with darker skin was walking down the road, we made eye contact. When looked into her eyes I saw pain, anger and a strange hatred towards me. I couldn't shake a strange feeling.. It was hanging over me an ominous mist.

I tried my best to ignore this feeling... But I just couldn't..

I just tried to focus on my music instead but then, something or rather somebody, else caught my eye.

It was a short man. Well at first glance he looked just like a Hobbit from The Lord Of The Rings books but then I looked closer and again I made eye contact.

I got the same feeling except this one the pain and the hatred was much more intense and the mist has turned into a thick, loathsome fog.

I couldn't shake this feeling at all.

I closed my eyes to avoid anymore eye contact and focused completely on my music. I only opened my eyes when the car pulled up at our house.

CHAPTER TWO

I got out of the car and picked up my bag then walked into the house. For some reason I felt tired, not the usual 15 year old boy tired, unnaturally tired.

I just tried ignoring this and decided to get on with my homework as I had mountains of it to do.

I walked upstairs, opened my door then tossed my bag on my bed. Suddenly I felt all faint.. 'Ughh' I muttered as I stumbled against my bed.

I decided to have a short lie down before things escalated further.

I couldn't get to sleep though, I didn't know what to do so I thought to myself 'I may as well get on with my homework' so I started; I had to plan my Spanish writing assessment. I'm 

Alright at Spanish it's not my best subject. I am quite into my physics, philosophy and computing.

I got halfway through and then my bipolar disorder kicked in, I went into complete depression and I just couldn't think of how to finish the sentence. So in the end I gave up and decided I'd come back to it later.

The thing is with this bipolar disorder is that I'm the only one that knows about it.. I hide it from my family and friends as much as possible..

If I do ever get angry or depressed what I generally do is play my guitar, I enjoy playing Buckethead- soothsayer as its a rather calming song yet it's complex and got a bit of a kick to it.

I pulled our an Epiphone SG and plugged it into my line of effects, I was hoping for my birthday I'd get a multi fx board to get a nicer sound but untill then I just used a bit of distortion to give my guitar a bit of power behind it.

I started to play and after a while I felt good enough to finish off my homework. Just after I did that feeling came over me again. I peered out of my window and saw a muscular man with a bald head walking down the street whilst carrying a briefcase, the only difference this time was that I didn't make eye contact with the individual.

" Eddie come down for dinner, it's your favourite" called my mum as she placed dinner on the table.

I quickly ran down the stairs skipping steps.

"I'm here!" I shouted. I sat down and began to eat. My Mum turned to face me and said "me and your dad have to go out for a few days for a business meeting, you'll be okay by yourself for a few days?"

"Yeah, I should be fine, how long will you be gone for and when will you return?"

My mum then went on to inform me of all the dates and times also all the 'important information'

"Be careful when you answer the door, home phone etc. Don't mess about on the computer. Just.. Be sensible..."

As she was talking I drifted off into a day dream. I saw visions of the three strange characters I had seen earlier that day, I couldn't work out how but they all seemed related in some way.

I just couldn't put my finger on it, the events in some way seemed like a should know the answers, I should know these people but I just couldn't figure it out.

CHAPTER 3

"So you understand all that?"

"Yeah, mum." I lied.

"Okay good." She walked off to pack her stuff.

I decided to sit down and ponder today's events.. I thought and thought but I just couldn't figure anything out. Hours passed and I just sat there thinking, at first, letting my mind wonder over the matters at hand but after a while just letting my mind wonder over a sorts of predicaments.

I started thinking about one subject that really interested me. Quantum physics, more precisely parallel universe(s)

I thought about different theory's such as the 'membrane' theory. I like to ponder this matter.

Is there really a possibility that there are other universe existing alongside our own? Personally I believed so.

After a while I started feeling tired, my parents were about to leave, so I decided to go to bed early so maybe I could wake up really early and surf the web talking to my all my friends from across the globe.

I jumped into bed, turned off the light and tucked my phone under my pillow.

I fell into a deep sleep, I had a dream. No, not a dream. It was a nightmare...

I saw the faces of the three people I'd seem earlier. They were all shouting at me but it was like they were shouting at me whilst underwater.. I couldn't understand what they were saying but they sounded angry but also slightly upset and worried..

Suddenly my vision went blank and I awoke, I was shaken up by this strange ordeal. I decided to look at my phone to check the time. It was 2:00am.

-First 3 paragraphs only, the rest will be published within time and ignore the appalling grammar it's only a rough draft-