Almost leaving

Hi, I'm Allison I live in New Jersey. Unfortunately, my dad got a new job and we ALMOST had to move all the way to California. Here is how it all started.

It was Monday the 26 and I was going to get breakfast from my mom. I ran down the stairs and into the kitchen, when I heard my mom say "honey, I don't think this is a good idea, the school year is almost over. Can't we wait until then?" I wondered why they were talking about, so I continued

to listen. "No, I can't wait. This is my only chance to get a good job to get money for the family, if I don't take this, what job can I get?".

I couldn't wait anymore so I walked in like I didn't hear a thing. Until my dad admitted "Allison, I know you will be mad after you hear this, but, we are going to have to move to California. I got a new job and this is my only chance to get money for the family." My face turned red, like, really RED! I yelled "CALIFORNIA THAT'S 3,000 MILES FROM HERE!!!!! I grabbed my bag and got out the door!

On the way to school, I ran into my best friend, Anna, she said " waz ghud?" I responded "nothing is ghud wanna know why my dad got a new job that's why!"

"And how the heck is that bad" she asked. " that's not all" I mumbled "my dad got a new job so we have to move to California." Her eyes filled up with water. And so did mine, but we held it in.

" why would you move to a place that's 3,000 miles from here?"she asked. "We'll that's a question you would have to ask my parents." I said.

We walked the rest of the way in silence. When we got to school, I saw my crush, Harry. It looked as if he was walking towards me. Wait a minute, he is walking towards me!

I said "An, Harry is coming this way, what should I do?"

"Don't say anything dumb. Answer what he tells you properly, and, act natural!"

He stepped right in front of me and said "what's up?" I didn't know what to say, so I blurted out "nothin, waz ghud?" He laughed. Was that a good thing? Was that a bad thing? Does he like me? Does he hate me?

Then the bell rang he said "I gotta go, meet me at lunch, ok" I blushed and said "o-ok"

He walked away then Anna came after Harry left and said "what did he say?" "What you usually say" I said. She said "lemme guess, waz ghud?" "Yup!" I said.

We both ran to class. Yes! Almost time for lunch, where I have to meet, Harry!

Just one more minute, one mor- yes! Lunch time. I ran to the cafeteria, but I didn't see Harry. I said "An, where is he?" She shrugged her shoulders, Then a few minutes later, she pointed at him.

He smiled then came up to me. He said "waz ghud?" I laughed and said " well.....!?" Then he continued "welllll.....?" "My dad got a new job so we have to move to California." I said. "Well that's horrible!" He said.

Then the bell rang, it was finally time to go home! I was walking with Anna, talking about me leaving.

Then I got home, trying not to make it a scene. I slowly walked up the stairs and into my room, where I saw all of my stuff in boxes.

I ran down the stairs and yelled "why are all of my stuff in boxes?" My mom responded " we are going to have to leave Saturday, I'm sorry."

My eyes filled up with tears. I said "ok, I'll- ill start packing." I went upstairs and grabbed my phone and texted Anna. I sent " hey An! I have bad news. Come to my house right away!" She responded "ok."

She came over, and I explained what happened. She cried, and so did I. She left after 30 minutes. Then we had dinner and went to sleep, only 4 more days until we leave. I have no choice but to enjoy it!