Secrets

Ash’s P.O.V

Luna and I have been friends since we were kids and I’ve always liked her but the problem was that she never seemed to be too interested in my that way. When I felt like there was no way to make her like me, which was around 8th grade, I started dating . At first I had hoped it would make her jealous, but it never really did. When I was about 16 I really fell in love with her, this girl had broken my heart and Lunette was there for me every moment I needed her. She made me feel so loved and special, ever since then I haven’t been able to go a day without thinking about her. Luna is so beautiful. She has gorgeous golden brown eyes, long “ariel” red hair and gorgeous curves unlike the other girls who look like stick figures. She also seems to love music and similar music to me since she’s always listening to music and wears band tees. She even had a couple of tattoos she had a small tattoo on her left wrist and a large one on her right forearm it looked like flowers and butterflies.

I really wished I had just told her how I felt, there was no reason not to tell her. I guess I just didn’t want to make things to complicated for her. I was also terrified that she didn’t feel the same way and telling her my feelings would just ruin our friendship.  I got out of the shower and looked in the mirror, my long black hair covered my emerald green eyes. My tattoos were exposed as were my secret scars, I never told Luna I cut I didn’t want her to worry about me, but she eventually found out. My tattoos covered all of the painful past I had with cutting. I’m very lucky I didn’t die a year ago. I started cutting when I was 16 when the girl I loved broke up with me, I had dated her since I was 15 she was my everything at the time so it killed me when she dumped me. I started cutting after that, When I was 17 I saw the girl who broke my heart at the mall, she came up and told me how happy she had been since the break up and that she was sorry but it was for the best and then I saw her kiss her boyfriend. I felt like crap, like I never meant anything to her, I decided to text Luna goodbye and told her that she would always be the most important person in my life and apologized. I then filled the tub with water got in and carved a deep slit into my wrist, as I bled out I heard my phone ring knowing it was Luna calling I began to cry then I blacked out. I remember hearing Luna’s voice And hearing her cry. I woke up to Luna sitting by my hospital bed holding my hand. Her eyes were puffy I could tell she had fallen asleep crying. After she woke up and left to go home, The doctor came in and explained how she called 911 and saved my life.

I stopped cutting after my attempted suicide, I realized that I couldn’t live without Luna but I still didn’t have the courage to tell her I loved her. Luna was the only one who knew about the scars under my tattoos. I need her in my life and I’m finally ready to try and get her. 

Luna’s P.O.V  

I woke up to my alarm blaring in my ears, falling asleep next to your phone on loud is not smart, especially if you use it as an alarm clock. It was 5:30 in the morning, I was so ready to graduate in a month. My arm hurt from where I cut the night before, I cut for such a dumb reason. I felt betrayed that Ash wouldn’t tell me everything last night. I hopped into the shower, the warm water didn’t help to wake me up, I got out feeling even sleepier. I quickly dried my hair, then put on a bit of makeup so I didn’t look dead and put my hair in a messy high ponytail. It was already getting warm outside so I threw on my pierce the veil band tee that I had turned into a tank top and put on some distressed shorts and my converse. I put on some bracelets to cover the fresh cuts. I grabbed my backpack and ran out the door and hopped in my car. I texted Ash that I was on the way to pick him up then plugged my Iphone into the radio and blasted my favorite song at the moment, Makeshift Chemistry by Crown the Empire.

I pulled up to his house and sow him waiting on his front steps, he started walking to the car smiling. I hadn’t seen him smile like that in while, I was curious to why he was so happy. “Good morning Luna, How are you?” He asked with a gorgeous smile on his face. I never realized how amazing he looked when he smiled I started to get jealous thinking that another girl could have been the cause. I couldn’t figure out why that would make me jealous. “I’m good Ash, I must ask, why are you so happy today?” I asked trying to not make it sound like an insult. “I realized that the girl for me is so close and that its time I try to win her heart” he said smiling at me. I thought to myself the rest of the drive about who this could be, as much as I wanted it to be me I knew it wasn’t but I couldn’t really think of any girls he was close to. I really wanted to ask him who it was but I just felt to weird asking, so I kept my thoughts to myself. As we got to school I noticed his smile had turned to a frown. Before I got of the car he grabbed my wrist I winced at the pain. “I saw the cuts, why Luna...when did you start doing this?” he asked with a tear falling from his soft emerald eyes. “I’ve been doing this since I was 15, I didn’t know how else to cope with the loneliness” I never looked at him as I told him this I was too scared of what he would say.