Caught {Ron}

Requested by @Hermione_Weasley__.
I also want to say that she had a very unique way of asking for a request. For that I applaud her.
(*slow clap*)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I heard that he is obsessed with the Chudley Cannons."

You're currently talking with your best friend, Lavender Brown. To be honest, you used to hate her. You hated her enough that when she even breathed in your direction, you wanted to punch her in the throat. Why you may ask? She was in a relationship with the love of your life. If that wasn't means enough, every time you saw the couple, she had her tongue down his throat. That isn't even what made you upset. The reason you were upset was because she was using him.

In the common room, she told anyone who would listen about how it was so great to have Ron as a boyfriend and how great of a kisser he is. Then she had added how it was a shame that no one wanted him and she was doing him a favor. She also went on about how she benefited from this 'charity' greatly.

Needless to say, this pissed you off. So you stomped right up to her, grabbed her by her shirt, and brought her face to yours. You told her, none too kindly, that he was not a charity case and if she speaks another bad word about him, she'd deeply regret it. She was terrified.

The next day, the whole school was buzzing about how Lavender had broken up with Ron. Ron didn't seem upset either. It was a win-win situation. After threatening her, she respected you. Flitwick ended up putting you two as partners and you've been friends ever since.

"Really? Wait. What is a Chudley Cannon?"

She giggled.

"Chudley Cannons is a professional Quidditch team. It's his favorite team for the sport."

Oh. You've seen the school games before, but you never realized someone could play professionally.

"So he's obsessed, huh? So this is a good conversation starter?"

"Yep. Go get him tiger."

The next day, you're walking around the grounds when you notice Ron all by himself. That's odd. He's normally with Harry or Hermione. He's reading his Potions book with such a look of frustration that it looks like it's painful. You walk over and plop down next to him.

"Oh, thank Merlin. I've been reading the same sentence over and over again for the past ten minutes. Now that you're here, I can use it as an excuse. So what's up?" He says eagerly.

You chuckle at his enthusiasm to get away from his studies.

"Nothing much. I decided to come mess with this Ginger I know."

He chuckles.

"So I heard that you like the Chudley Cannons...?"

His brown eyes gleam in excitement.

"I do. What about you? Do you like them?"

With those eyes looking at you like that, how could you say no?

"Of course. Who doesn't?"

"So who's your favorite player?"

"Uhhh.... The seeker."

"The seeker, huh? Why is that?"

Please stop asking me questions!

"Because.... He can catch the snitch really well."

He smiles at you.

"Did you watch the last game?"

"Uh. I actually missed it. I heard it was a good one though."

"Yeah, it was. Did you hear about that legendary pass that Steven Bradley did?"

"Who hasn't? You'd have to live under a rock to not heard of it!"

He chuckles and stands. He puts his hand out to help you up and you gratefully accept it.

"Thanks."

"No problem."

He claps you on the shoulder and leaves his hand there.

"Hey Y/N?"

"Yes, Ron?"

He leans in close to your ear and whispers, "If you wanted to talk to me, you don't have to make up stuff. Steven Bradley isn't real. I like you as you are. There's no need for you to lie. Meet me at the Three Broomsticks at two on Saturday. I can't wait to see you there."

He pecks you on your flaming red cheek and walks away with you already daydreaming about Saturday.