Nightmares

Armin screamed. No. Not again. How could he have let this happen? Eren was gone, the titan that devoured him grinned at him and he felt hot tears rolling down his cheeks.

No, no, no. This isn't supposed to be happening! Why is this happening again? His hands trembled uncontrollably. Why couldn't he do anything? The moment replayed a million times until he felt like he was going to split open.

"Eren!" He whispered brokenly. Again, he watched as the brunette boy was swallowed.
"EREN!!!"

And then it went black. He felt himself being shook gently, two warm hands on his shoulders. He became aware that someone was talking to him.

"Armin! Armin! Please snap out of it Armin! I'm here! Armin!" The voice sounded hysterical and desperate. It was Eren.
"Armin, Armin, can you hear me?"

Armin's eyes focused and he saw Eren, with tears in his eyes. He had a concerned expression.
"E-Eren?" Armin murmured, his voice cracking a bit.

Eren wrapped the blonde in a warm hug. He was sobbing now as he squeezed the smaller boy tight.
"It's okay Eren. I'm okay now. It was just another flashback." Armin reassured Eren weakly.

Eren held Armin's trembling hand.
"I'm here Armin." Eren said gently. "I'm here. I'll always be here."
Armin squeezed Eren's hand and he squeezed back.

Armin hadn't realized that he had started to cry until it came in waves. He took shuddery breaths as the tears spilled over his lashes. Eren cradled him in his arms.

"Shh, it's okay Armin. Shh, shh. I'm here. It's okay babe." Eren murmured gently into the boy's ear. He ran his hand through Armin's hair.
"Everything is going to be okay. I promise." Eren kissed Armin's forehead. Armin clutched tightly at Eren's shirt and sniffled.

"Babe, look at me." Eren said and softly tilted Armin's chin up to look into those wondrous blue eyes. Armin stared back into those forest green orbs, that had flecks of gold swimming in them.

"We are gonna be okay. I'm gonna help you with this. I'm never going to leave you alone alone, I promise. We promised to see the outside world, remember?"

Armin stared up and felt a small smile tug at the corners of his mouth. Eren saw this and grinned.
"There's my little ray of sunshine." He cooed, making Armin blush.

Eren's fingertips brushed against Armin's cheek and Eren caught his lips in a gentle kiss.

This is a moment that Armin wished would repeat forever. These moments were the most beautiful things in the world. He wasn't going to let himself be beat, he was going to be strong. For these moments, for himself, but most of all, for Eren.

"I will not let my demons win. I can get through this. As long as you're here I will be okay. I love you, I love you so much."