Chapter Thirty-Three

The whole scene seemed out of a fairy tale

If you took out the immense or ugly hats the women were actually parading, that is.

People were getting out of their impressive cars as on a runway. Men were handsomely attired with tuxedos or expensive suits. Women were strolling hanging on their arms with luxurious and colorful dresses, sporting the weird looking hats on the top of their head.

A red carpet outlined the entrance of the palace. The large oak doors were open and a couple of royal guards were stiffly standing on each side at the main entrance.

My breath was nonexistent as my eyes took it all in.

The whole place was immense.

A smell of elegance and luxury could be felt on the air.

My palms were suddenly sweaty and my heart was hammering inside my chest, in a not so subtle manner. I was completely frozen inside the black rover that drove us here.

Panic, fear, excitement and curiosity were brewing inside of me.

Scott's eyes were sparkly as he understood the flash of emotions in my eyes. He was smiling at me as he grabbed me and wrapped my arm around his. He did the same to Kate.

 I fought the urge to roll my eyes.

This looks too cliché.

Nevertheless, I understood that all eyes were on us. People were watching us curiously. Some even had stopped to look at us. Some others had already started to whisper.

Damn.

Scott's arm tightened, bringing me closer, in a protective kind of way.

My heart was about to burst out of my chest. It was going really fast, I was amazed that nobody could hear it. Scott greeted a few people and nodded to almost everyone that were in our way.

As we were about to pass the guards, Scott leaned to me, "I need to tell you something, Em." I turned to look at him somewhat concerned. His clipping tone hadn't been unnoticed.

His jaw clenched and his whole body tensed. "My grandmo-"

"There you are!" A masculine voice said from beside Kate.

We both turned to see who had spoken. Scott with a knowing smile on his face while I frowned.

What was he going to say?

Kate's cheeks were beet red and she was looking at the ground. I smiled at her shyness; it was the same with Scott a few weeks ago.

"So, who's the culprit?"

My eyes landed on a tall, blonde guy. He had blue eyes and had written bad-boy all over him. His chiseled features and the cleft chin was pretty much the resemblance to Scott. He was also really handsome. And he was glancing at me with a mischievous glint in his eyes.