CHAPTER 10: Stay With Me

WARNING! SEXUAL CONTENT AT THE END OF THIS CHAPTER DO NOT READ IF YOU DON'T WANT TO IT IS NOT NECESSARY FOR THE STORY!

When the door opened Margaret did not expect to find Mr Thornton barely awake, however upon seeing her he seemed to immediately wake up, all signs of fogginess leaving his eyes and all traits of tiredness in his stance evaporating. He looked down at himself and shock and embarrassment registered visibly across his face upon receiving her. She noted that he was still wearing his clothes from the previous night; his shirt was very ruffled and creased now and the first few buttons were undone, his hair was tousled showing he had only just got out of bed, as he noticed her gaze fall upon his tangled hair he quickly began to run his hands through his untamed dark locks trying to neaten it as much as possible. She noted that even though he had just woken up he still looked just as handsome if not more so in this slightly vulnerable state than he always had done. She mentally slapped herself at the thought; she had come to tell him what had happened was wrong, a mistake and that nothing else should be said about it, yet here she was gawking at his good looks.

They both stood in the doorway of his room for a while just looking at each other, studying every detail of the other, as if they guessed this would be the last opportunity they had to do so. Eventually Mr Thornton broke the silence by apologising for the state he was in as he had not been expecting anyone so early. Margaret could not find anything to respond with as her throat seemed to close up and would not let her speak any words, so instead she offered him a small, almost apologetic smile. That smile told Mr Thornton plenty, he knew what she had come to say, and, even though he had suspected that she would, he had always had a bit of hope that she might be with him, all those hopes were shattered now though as the heavy truth began to set in.

Margaret stepped into the small room as Mr Thornton held the door open for her. The room was furbished with a large four poster bed with intricately carved, mahogany posts, autumnal, burnt orange drapes hung down from the bed frame, sweeping the floor. A large mahogany wardrobe was positioned to the right of the bed with a humble vase of yellow and orange flowers in it, complimenting the bed curtains as well as the bed linen. At the foot of the bed a large carpet covered the old wooden floor, sitting neatly in front of a proud open hearth. Flames crackled in the fire leaping and darting around in a never ending game of chase. The young pile of ashes beneath the fire sparkled with the odd spark but other than that lay in a pile of black, white and grey, a jumble of death.

After admiring the room she decided that she needed to get down to the task at hand. She nervously cleared her throat, not daring to look into his stormy grey eyes as she was already reconsidering her options just from being so close to him. She held her hands behind her back letting her fingers play with each other absentmindedly as she found the courage to speak up. She risked a look upwards at his face that was staring right back at hers before she started noticing the look of sadness that had befallen Mr Thornton's face. It broke her to see such a crestfallen expression on his face, especially knowing that she was the cause of his misery. She quickly returned her gaze to the floor and began shakily.

"What happened last night was wrong," she started, a look of pain flashed through Mr Thornton's eyes, he knew it shouldn't have happened but it wasn't in any way wrong, it felt so right, how could it be wrong? "Did it feel wrong to you? It certainly felt very far from wrong to me." This caught Margaret off guard, and she responded quietly but truthfully, "No it didn't,"

"Is it wrong for a man to show affection to the woman he loves?" Margaret could feel the sincerity behind his words and they made her want to run to him and hold him and tell him everything would be alright and they would be together but she had to force herself not to, for she knew it could not be as they both wished.

"No but I am married," was her reply.

"Do you love him?" Thornton asked desperately trying to persuade her, he couldn't lose her now after everything. Margaret didn't have to ask who 'him' was, she knew he was referring to her husband. She shook her head, "No, I don't," was all she could respond.

"Then be with me," he pleaded, "I love you Margaret, and you told me yourself that you love me, so why not?" his voice cracked slightly at the end. A small tear managed to escape from Margaret's eye at his heartfelt words. She couldn't take it anymore, she knew she had to leave before she gave in to her heart and stayed with him. She looked up at him one final time allowing herself a second to commit to memory every last inch of his flawless face.

When she looked up at him he saw the pain in his eyes reflected equally in her own. He refused to let her go, he could still have her, he just had to figure out how to convince her. He was pulled out of his thoughts by her faint voice speaking to him. "I cannot." Those two words extinguished him and he felt his heart begin to crumple inside of him. Her voice turned to a whisper as she uttered the final word, "Goodbye." He had lost her, he didn't know what to do.

She turned towards the door and began to walk in its direction, he didn't know what it was exactly that possessed him to do what he did next but he took two long strides towards her and reached out his arm to clutch onto hers. He quickly spun her around so that she was flush against his chest and without any hesitance he crashed his lips down on hers. At first she didn't respond but then it was like something clicked inside of her as she reached her arms up around his neck and kissed him back urgently as if her very life depended on it. How could she give him up when he made her feel like this, she couldn't comprehend how she had even thought she would be able to leave him. Thornton smiled into the kiss as soon as she responded, he felt her eagerness and put as much passion and love into the kiss as he could. Margaret savoured every second of the kiss letting out a small moan when he deepened the kiss. The sound of her moan drove Mr Thornton crazy and he lost all sense of propriety he had left, he pushed her up against the wall and pulled her as close to him as possible. Margaret kept one hand around his neck whilst moving the other further up allowing her to gently tug on his coal-black hair. This action made Mr Thornton moan in response, causing Margaret to smile this time knowing she could affect him so much. The kiss quickly escalated until Mr Thornton had Margaret pinned against the bed in a passionate embrace. He rubbed his hand up and down her sides, kissing her down her neck and along her collar bone as she let out small whimpers. She felt his manhood harden against her thigh and she revelled in her control of his body. Suddenly Mr Thornton broke the kiss, he looked at her, the unspoken question visible in his eyes, Margaret simply nodded. "I love you," he murmured huskily into her ear, "I love you too," she replied confidently, any doubts she had previously had leaving her mind as she did so. 

Oh my god I'm so happy that i have got OVER 1000 READS! That is insanely amazing and i never would have thought that possible but thanks to all you lovely readers I've actually managed to get that incredible number! I would really like to thank @IsabelaBennet in particular for voting and commenting on my chapters and it really makes my day - that is why i have decided to update this chapter now after her lovely comment yesterday! Please continue to vote and comment and I hope you all enjoy this chapter! 

Lots of Love

Milton Girl

xxxx