20 Day Escape: Day 18

~-~-~-~-~-~

Day 18:

I slept with the help of pain medication. I got discharged in the morning, mostly just some minor whiplash and cuts and scrapes from shattered windshield. Nothing I needed surgery for, I guess I wasn't driving that fast anyways, since I was half asleep when I started driving.

My mom took me back to her house, my rental car now destroyed. I should expect a phone call from the company later.

I was in New York, now. I could almost reach out and touch Len...

Not that he'd remember me.

Kenmochi was at my mother's house, with a team of Lawyers. Some for handling his case against my father, and some for my mother's case. Explaining the case was difficult, because it felt wrong to say things like 'destruction of property' and 'androids'. I had to show Kenmochi the pictures of Leon, which made him shed a tear. My mom sat and rubbed my back while she talked to the lawyers, as well. We'd be going after him from all different angles, to assure the time he spent in prison would be long.

But the most interesting part of all of this, was the contract I apparently signed when I was 15. Among reading into it further, the lawyer had some interesting information for me.

Information that could change everything.

"I'll go into deeper detail regarding this tomorrow, but I can assure you that this will come into play once your father is arrested."

"You're sure?" I ask.

"Positive."

"That's a lot of responsibility, Nami." My mother gives me a solemn look. "Are you sure you can handle that?"

"I know I can."

~-~-~-~-~-~

"I don't know if you'll be able to get in, Nami."

"Just, theoretically Misaki." I quiet him down, pressing the phone to my ear with my shoulder. "If you could distract Neru for five minutes, would I be in the clear to go see him?"

He sighs, I picture him pinching the bridge of his nose, glasses in his other hand.

"Yes. Theoretically, yes. But I'm telling you, she won't waste a glance on me. She's been reprogrammed--"

"And I'm telling you I've got a shot and I'm going to take it. So. Again, tomorrow. 3am. Make sure she doesn't circle the trailers on time, and I will be in and out before a problem ever arises, okay?"

"....okay."

~-~-~-~-~