Chapter 4: Not So Easy

Hannah's POV
As we left the old barn, something seemed to not feel right. I felt even a bit insecure. I kind of missed the barn.

It maybe a bit reminding me of my farm that I used to practice at. It seemed like so long ago that I was there. Suddenly, I got all these horrible thoughts.

What if the camp in Atlanta is overrun? What if Hunter leaves us for the zombies? What if we get lost?

What if we get separated? Worst of all, my greatest fear, what happens if someone else joins our group who is annoying? I just can't stand people like that!

I'm so lucky Hunter isn't annoying. If she was, I would be toast. But, then Hunter interrupted my thoughts

"Hey guys, I think I see something" shouted Hunter.

"Is it the camp?" Cameron said meekly.

"I'm so hungry" Alexia groaned.

Hunter rolled her eyes. She clearly was tired of all the complaining. I could feel how irritated she was.

She must've hadn't had any younger, annoying siblings so she knew how to deal with them. Growing up at the orphanage, we had to hang out with the little kids and the older kids to learn how to deal with them. I didn't like it, but it was orders.

Hunter's POV
I was tired of Alexia and Cameron's whining. Just shut up for once, would you? We found you in danger and we took you under our wing!

So the least you could do is be quiet and stop attracting zombies and giving us headaches!

"Hey guys why are you so quiet let's sing some songs to keep our spirits up" Cameron said perkily

After I didn't respond, she got mad. She was yelling like a total maniac! "Will you just calm the hell down????" I yelled!

Well that slipped out. But you know what, I'm not embarrassed. At least she'll finally get the fudging message!

"Well you didn't have to yell at her" Alexia said

"You know what, I do what I want and if you don't respect that, I'll ditch you and you'll be left to die with the zombies" I said

Of course Alexia and Cameron were becoming best friends and blocking us out of their lives. Hannah and I can play that game. We'll beat them at their own game.

If they want a fight, we'll give them a fight.

Hannah's POV
It was a little worrying that Alexia and Cameron have seemed to become better friends than the four of us together. In fact, it makes me mad. If they want to have sides, we will have to give them sides.

Suddenly, we heard a moan. "Run!" Hunter ordered. But it was too late.

The zombies had already caught up. The zombies stepped forward for a bite for Hunter and I fought them off. Just when I thought they were gone, I saw one trying to capture Cameron.

Naturally, I went to save her. We can't afford any deaths. When I killed it, everything was over.

"How was your first fight, Alexia?" Hunter asked. When there was no answer, Hunter turned around and realized Alexia was gone.

We didn't know for sure she was dead, but we couldn't see her in sight. Then, we heard another moan. I ran, and ran, but finally the walkers caught up to me.

I pulled out my knife Hunter gave me and stabbed it, but it didn't stop attacking me. Suddenly, it fell to the ground. For a second, I thought I had killed it.

But then, when I turned around, Hunter was there. "I wanted to let you handle it on your own, but I couldn't bear to see you hurt. We should go hunting together sometime, just us". For the first time, I felt like Hunter's best friend.

I hope there is more where that came from. I'd really like to learn how to hunt. I would do anything to be her best friend.

Cameron's POV
Okay, ever since I was rescued from that old barn by Hunter, Hannah, and Alexia, I've been trying to escape them and beat them to the camp. From there, I can tell the camp members they are here to attack.

I thought it would be easy because I thought Hunter and Hannah were wusses. But then I realized they were tough and Hannah's getting tougher. So, I befriended Alexia so we could both do it together, but now she's gone and I'm RUINED.

I hope I can make friends with someone else and continue. Nobody takes me out of a barn and treats me like a follower. I am a natural leader.

But sometimes I feel like a follower. I don't know sometimes. I mean, I want to be a leader, but ever since this "Zombie Apocalypse" crap started, I don't know how to hunt so I'm considered worthless.

That better start to turn around or there is trouble. Worse might come to worse and I miiiight have to kill Hannah and Hunter. I want them both sleeping with one eye open.