Getting To Know Stevie.

Stevie Boebi is just another normal teenager. She is 18 and she lives with her parents. Stevie has a younger brother named Clay. She generally likes to be alone. Wait that sounds bad. She just likes having some time to herself. 'Me Time' if you must. Stevie loves her parents immensely but they don't understand her. She's gay. Stevie has always had an attraction to girls but as the cliche goes, she was always in denial. She's had boyfriends but when they used to want to touch her or kiss her she would mentally throw up.

Stevie goes to high school and just goes with the flow as she's had to do for pretty much her whole life. She loves sociology class because she loves learning about people and how they behave and why humans do things and how they function. She always dreamed of one day being able to help some people come to terms with who they are - whoever that may be.

When she was a lot younger she used to have crushes on girls in her class, and deep, deep down inside, she knew she was lesbian. She couldn't accept it back then, not because she was ashamed but more because her parents were and still are ashamed of her, god forbid they found out that she was gay. Her parents, Beth and Jeromy Boebi are extremely homophobic, they're those parents any gay child dread of having.

She often thinks back to how her parents have made rude, homophobic comments, one of the scenarios that have stayed in Stevie's mind was the night that she was watching Pretty Little Liars, the one character, Emily Fields, played by Shay Mitchell was on a date with her girlfriend Paige and they were swimming together and to Stevie they both seemed so free and happy and Stevie wondered what that would feel like. When Emily kissed Paige, Jeromy would make a disgusted sound and made a remark that stuck in Stevie's mind to this day,

"How is THAT normal?" Stevie remembered her dads words and how badly they hurt her, she wondered about how her dad would react if she told him that she in fact was exactly like Emily. The thought that her dad would hate her and reject her because of who she's attracted to made Stevie feel like utter shit.

***

It was a winter Monday morning. The first day of school for Stevie. As Stevie awoke from her peaceful sleep, she sat up, rubbed her eyes and checked her phone to see the time.

6:30am is what her phone read.

As Stevie groaned, she got out of bed and went to her bathroom to have a quick shower. After the shower Stevie chose a simple yet warm outfit for the day. She wore faded black skinny jeans, a lose low cut tank top and a warm cardigan and a pair of white converse. She finished up and went downstairs for breakfast.

"Morning sweets, how did you sleep?" Stevie heard her moms voice as she entered the kitchen,

"Morning mom, yeah I slept fine, you? Where's Clay?" Stevie replied to her mom taking a sip of her pre-made coffee with a shot of espresso.

"Good. He went to school earlier with Leah." Beth replied smiling, clearly showing off how proud she was of Stevie's younger brother.

Clay's girlfriend, Leah is in Stevie's grade and Clay is in two grades lower than them. Leah is the perfect girl for Clay, fit, older, loving and just perfect. Too perfect as Stevie would say. Stevie has never liked Leah, the simple reason for that? She makes Stevie look bad. Now, it sounds bad but do you blame her? Her parents have the perfect trophy son - Clay. Stevie often found herself jealous of Clay, simply for the reason that she knows that the way her parents love Leah will never be the same with the girl she ends up with. Or maybe they will? Who knows. At least that was how Stevie saw it.

Stevie finished her coffee and she had some cereal, she grabbed her bags and headed out. She just recently got her driver license and so she was driving herself to school. When she got to school, she ran to her locker in a rush because she noticed that she was running late, when she reached her locker her best friend, Ali was there.

"Hey Steve" Ali said as she embraced Stevie in a long tight hug,

"Hey Al, by the way you know i hate when you call me that." Stevie said when the two friends of three years pulled away from the greeting hug.

"How is, uh, you know - everything?" Ali asked Stevie sceptically. Stevie unlocked her locker and got her first few books she needed. Sighing, Stevie told Ali about how things have been. Stevie told Ali everything about one and a half years into their friendship. Ali's response to Stevie being lesbian was,

"I was wondering when you'd tell me. I love you no matter what Steve"

Stevie was beyond relieved about Ali's response, and their friendship just grew stronger from that day onwards. After the two girls spoke for a little, Stevie needed to get to her first class, AP english. She spun around on her heel and then she just saw someones face enlarging every split second and then when she looked again her books were on the floor. She quickly bent down to pick them up, the person she bumped into was a 5 foot 6 girl named Ally Hills, Stevie recognised her from sociology class but didn't know her name as Ally only joined the class at the end of last year.

"Shit! I'm so sorry, I wasn't looking where i was going." Ally said as she helped Stevie grab her books, when they stood up they smiled at one another. Stevie couldn't help but notice Ally's beautiful green eyes and sharp features and full lips. She smiled and tilted her head to the side slowly to get a better look at Ally.

"It's okay, it was my bad too. i have to get going but thanks for helping me pick them up -" Stevie said, not knowing her name,

"Ally!" Ally answered smiling at Stevie. Ally walked away and so did Stevie. When Stevie finally got to her class, she sat down and settled in, and then it hit her, and her thoughts went crazy,

"She's Ally.. Ally Hills.. Oh my god.. "

Is all Stevie could think about.