Chapter 26

Recap:

It felt like I had stopped feeling each of her kisses so deeply.
~
"There's something I need to tell you."
~
She definitely, totally, certainly knew about Alicia Chesley.
~
"I was wondering...if you would like to stay at a really nice hotel tomorrow night"
~
"I thought it was your girlfriend."
~
"Just a friend of mine."
~
What is happening to us?
~

Louis's P.O.V.

I wake up. I open my eyes, and the first thing I think about is Mona. I thought that meant I had finally gotten over Charis, you know, her not being the first thing I thought about in the morning. But, she was the second thing. Right after Mona. So I guess this is not as simple as I thought. But still, I believe this is great progress.

I got up and made myself some breakfast. I wasn't really in the mood for working, but at least, thank God, it was Friday, and we got this weekend off. The only reason I kinda wanted to go to the studio, was that I would get to see Charis again, hear about her news, tell her about mine, and of course.... Ugh! There it is again. You're thinking about her again. I sighed.

Anyway, I got to the studio. The moment I crossed that door, like, seriously, before I even got the chance to see who was already there and who wasn't, I heard someone saying:

"Ohh... Look at Louis, coming to work wearing the same clothes as yesterday. Someone must have had a good time yesterday..."

Actually, to be specific, it wasn't just someone saying. It was Charis.

I looked around until I spotted her. She had a utterly ridiculous grin on her face, and if I didn't know better, I'd say she look mischievous.

I sighed again, but silently. Charis is the best person with the most angelic and pure character. She could never possibly be mischievous.

I walked up to her and tweaked her cheek. just because I could. Just because I couldn't let her be the only one annoying right now. She grimaced.

"Now, would you lower your voice please?" I told her as I walked towards a corner. I knew I didn't have to drag her with me. She would follow me even if I didn't want her to.

"Sooo...?" She whispered excitedly. I frowned at her.

"I don't even wear my yesterday's outfit, where did you get that?" I said. Her eyes widened, her eyebrows jumped up and her mouth formed a surprised "O".

"Oh, so you slept at your place last night". And... back with her grin.

"Of course I slept at my place. Where else would you want me to sleep, on a bench at some park?"

"No, silly! I mean... You both slept at your place last night"

I raised an eyebrow. "Stop right there. Say no more." I commanded and attempted to walk away. She, of course, got in my way.

"Oh c'mon, don't be shy. You know I'll find out anything I want anyway later when I talk to Mona."

"I'm not shy Charis, it's just that I got nothing to tell you, because nothing happened yesterday. Not what you think happened, anyway."

She finally decided to drop her smile. "What are you talking about. I know Mona better than anybody. She always moves on on the second date. Which is why second dates for her don't happen often."

I pressed my lips together. "Well then that must make me the exception to her rule". I was heard a little bit sad, I think.

"No way" she laughed. Then she saw how serious I was. "Really?"