Chapter 10

Edited

_______________________________

We arrived at the hospital and talk to the front desk lady. She asked for Kiara's name, which I gave her, and she told me she was in room 1221.

"Mama, what did wrong wif Kiki?" Bree said looking up to me once we walked to the elevator.

"She is very sick, so we have to come see her." I said picking her up in my arms.

"Is youz otay, Mama?"

"No, baby. But we have to be strong just like Daddy said, right?"

"Right!" She said hugging my neck and kissing my cheek.

I kissed her back and we walked infront of her door.

I quietly walked in and saw Kiara with her eyes closed and her heart moniter was beeping.

The doctor that was in the room tired around and walked over to us.

"Nicole right? I'm Dr. Walker."

"Hi, I'm Nicole. It's so nice to meet you. This is my daughter Aubrey Juliet." I said looking down at Julz.

"Hi there Missy!" The doctor said to AJ.

AJ waved and nuzzled her head in my shoulder.

"Sorry, she's shy sometimes. I promise though, she will come out of her shell." I said moving some curls out of her face.

"It's fine. Why don't we have a nurse come in here and watch Aubrey while we talk about Kiara in my office." She said smiling down at me.

I'm not gonna lie, I was a little nervous leaving AJ alone, but I needed to talk to the doctor.

"Sure, no problem. Julz, I'm gonna leave you with a nurse for a little while we go have adult talk, m'kay?" I said putting her down.

"No, Mama!" She said clinging to me arms as I leaned down to place her in a chair. I held onto her tighter and stretched back up with her till I was standing straight again.

"Aubrey Juliet, not right now. We have to be strong for Kiki. Please baby girl." She shed a couple tears but nodded. I put her down and young looking nurse came in with a couple dolls and she instantly cheered up.

The doctor ushered me out of the room and into her office. I took a seat in the chair across from her desk and cross my hands over my lap.

"So Nicole, as you know, you sister is in an induced coma from everything that had happened recently with her body. She is far too weak to be able to wake up anytime soon though, sadly. She is having a hard time breathing due to almost all of her ribs being broken. Her diaphragm had been close to rupturing from the hard pressure and force when the rapist pushed her on the floor. We have tried to contact your parents, but they seemed to have changed their numbers--" She said but I butted in

"Figures... Sorry." I said, just letting my voice be heard.

"It's fine, but as I was saying, you are next in line to take care of her so the decision is up to you on what we do next. She is on life support, but being alive is only keeping her stuck in a state of pain." She said looking down.

I looked up at her in shock. Was she asking me if I walked to keep her on life support or not?

_______________________________

Sorry it's so short! I just wanted to get a chapter out!

Please vote and comment.

I really like comments, you don't even understand.