Chapter 20

Omg...chapter 20!

I never thought I'd get this far!

I'm quite proud of myself!

=====================================================================

I slowly open my eyes. Light fills my vision. I blink a couple times and my head starts pounding. I groan and massage my temples. I didn't even drink that much. Well, I actually can't remember how much I drank. I can't remember anything last night that happened after I stared dancing with...with...Damn it! What was his name? I glance at my arm and a number of some sort it written on it. Oh! It's a phone number. I bet I got it from the guy I was dancing with! His name was...Charles? Jace?...Chase! It was Chase! I pump my arms up in victory then stop because my headache starts to feel worse. I settle back into the sheets and pull a blanket over me. Hold on...Where am I? I sniffed the sheets...Doesn't smell like my house...It smells like Zane's! Did he take me home last night? I bolt up in the bed. Dear Lord! I'm in his room! My headache returns, angrier than before and I groan. I force myself up and out of the warm bed. I notice I'm not in my clothes from last night, but in a very large t-shirt and a pair of boxers. What the?

That's it; I'm getting to the bottom of this! I march to the door; well staggered is a good way to put it. I really wasn't feeling my best. I trudged down the stairs and prayed that Zane's mom wasn't home to see me like this. Well unless she saw me last night...then it didn't really matter because my dignity would be down the drain by now. Any respect she had for me would have disappeared, and in its place would be untrustworthy and stupid. Or she would totally understand and think that I'm just like any other teenager who just had a little too much to drink...Maybe she didn't even see me! I can only hope.

Miraculously, I make it to the bottom of the stairs without tripping because of my current state. I creep into the kitchen and see only Zane. I sigh with relief and walk in. It should be uncomfortable and awkward, seeing me and Zane had a fight but...Well crap, now that I mentioned it, it is kind of awkward. Why did I have to point that out? I shake my head and take a seat at the island across from Zane.

"So, your up," Zane said avoiding eye contact.

I wonder what I did last night that was so bad he can't even look at me.

"It seems so," I replied with a nod of my head.

"How are you feeling?" Zane asked, finally looking at me.

"Ok, I just have a headache,"

"Hold on I'll be right back," Zane said, scooting out from the island and walking to the bathroom.

I heard him rummaging through the cabinet and a couple seconds later he came out with a couple of aspirins and a glass of water.

"Thanks," I muttered as he handed me the glass and aspirins.

"Are we broken up?" Zane asks suddenly after moments of silence.

"I-I don't know...," I reply. Why was he asking this?

"I wasn't sure if you wanted to after you found out about Cassie..." Zane trails off.

"I didn't want to break up, I just needed to be away from you," I reply.

"So we never broke up?" Zane asks, trying to clarify where we stand.

"No, I don’t think so," I respond, still slightly confused where he was going with this.

"So technically, you cheated on me last night?" Zane asks with a hard voice. I spit out the water I was taking a sip of.

"What are you talking about?!" I say worriedly.