17- Fool For You

I don't ever tell you
How I really feel
Cause I can't find the words to
Say what I mean

And nothing's ever easy
That's what they say
I know I'm not your only
But I'll still be a fool
Cause I'm a fool for you

Just a Little Bit of your Heart- Ariana Grande

"Jensen Cane," This is the response I get when I answer my ringing phone about a week later as I'm editing one of my videos so that I can upload it later tonight.

"Um. Wells?" I say to my English friend. "What's up?"

"I have some really cool news," He tells me. "Are you sitting?"

Now, I'm getting extremely curious. "Yeah, I'm sitting. What is it?"

"Heather's been conversing with me about a trip that she wants to take to come over here to London for the summer," He starts to explain. "And she's also told me that you want to tag along?"

"That's correct," I confirm. "What's the news part though?"

"You're impatient," He teases me.

"Well, now you've got me all curious and I want to know what it is," I defend myself, laughing a little bit as I step away from the computer to take a break while I have this conversation with Wells. I've been working on the video all day (Elliot's busy with Cara) so a little break won't hurt.

"Sure, well we've also been in contact with a few other American YouTubers, and we're thinking about renting out this huge flat down the road from here so that you can all stay together and we'll all be really close. It could even be a thing, like Sumer of YouTubers or something with a title way more creative than that. Anyway, if you all share the rent, it's really affordable and the flat is really nice," He explains to me and by the end, my jaw is hanging on the ground. "So what do you think?"

"That sounds amazing," I babble, kind of shocked that this is turning into a real thing. I know that Heather mentioned London but I didn't really take it seriously but now that Wells is telling me about sharing an apartment with a bunch of people so that we can afford it, it feels more real. I have a lot of money saved up from my YouTube channel with ads and selling t-shirts and stuff like that so I can afford it most likely and I really want to spend my summer in London. "I can't believe that this is actually happening."

"Well, you should believe it because it's happening, So far, we've got Heather, Randal, Joseppi, Maria, Tasha, and Aiden. So with you, that makes seven and if we get one more, we can get two of the apartments because they're four bedrooms each. Do you want to bring Elliot or something?"

"I'm not sure, I'll ask him," I say, still reeling from this news because it still feels so surreal. Me. In London for a whole summer. Three whole entire months. That sounds so incredible. I mean, I love it here and I love my parents and everything but I want to get out of here, to explore the world some more and I think that London is a great way to start.

"Okay, cool. We haven't figured out all of the details yet, but once we get everything worked out, I'll let you know. It's just a baby idea right now but I just wanted to let you in on it," He explains to me.

"Right, this is so great. Wow, I can't believe this. I have to go tell my mom," I rant to him, still trying to picture myself going to London- not even just London, but I'll be flying without my parents, probably completely by myself. That's both terrifying and exciting to me because I've never done that before.

"Sure, little squirt. Talk to you later," He says with a laugh, making fun of my age even though I'm only three years younger than him which really isn't that much.

"Shut up," I say back as my defense before hanging up the phone and then sprinting downstairs where my mother is outside on the back porch with Margaret as Katy and Sara are jumping on the trampoline.