5

"Trouble in paradise for Michael B. Jordan and girlfriend, Nicole Tyson?" Nicole and Michael laughed at the article and she closed her MacBook before sitting it on the nightstand.

"Isn't it pathetic? People will do anything to break us up. I wonder who sold this to TMZ." She looked at him and smiled as he wrapped his arms around her and rested his head on her chest.

"Are you excited about Fantastic Four? I'm so proud of you." He looked at her and licked his lips before nodding.

"Not many people are happy with it, but that's okay. I'm here to stay, though." She kissed him and started caressing the back of his head.

When she closed her eyes, her phone went off. "I'm sorry, babe. I have to answer this. It's a patient."

He nodded and let her get out of their bed before picking up his phone.

He had a message from Mya.

"Come over. I have to talk to you."

He shook his head and sat his phone back in it's spot.

"Mike, I have to go. It's urgent, like extremely urgent. I love you." She slipped her shoes on rushed out of the room.

He stared at the doorway for a few seconds before looking back at his phone.

"I'm coming over."

"Avery, open the door." Nicole knocked gently and stepped back once the door opened.

"Dr. Nic, I almost did it." Nicole walked into the apartment and marched straight to the bathroom.

She looked for the razors and sighed before looking at her vulnerable patient.

"Avery, look at me." She grabbed his hands and tried to hold back her own tears.

"I'm not gonna beat around the bush with you. You're gonna die if you keep this up. I truly care about you. I want you to get better." She placed her hands on his face and smiled softly.

He nodded and hugged her before breaking down in her arms.

"I'm so sorry, Dr. Tyson." Nicole shook her head and continued to sooth him.

"Don't apologize, sweetheart. I'm here for you."

She took deep breaths with her patient and smiled before stepping back.

"I want you I stop by my office tomorrow. I'll have Brooke call you for the appointment." He nodded and she looked back at the bathroom.

"You know what's next, right?" He looked up at her and led her to the bathroom.

He carefully placed the razors in his hand and cried softly as she rubbed his back.

"It's okay. Let's wrap these up in paper towels and put them in a plastic bag before throwing them out." Letting him walk out first, she turned off the light and followed him down the hall.

"You're doing great, Avery. I'm extremely proud of you." She smiled and watched him bag up the razors in a ziplock bag.

He walked over to the trash and dropped it with a smile before tying the bag up.

"I'll walk you out. I need to dump this." They walked outside and made their way to the trash.

He tossed it in and sighed happily before turning to a beaming Nicole. "I'm proud of you. Avery, you're taking a huge leap. This progress is something incredible. Like I said earlier, I'll have Brooke call you. I'll see you tomorrow."

She hugged him and walked back to her car with a smile.

"Michael, you know I love you. I want us to work. I really do."

He shook his head and walked away from Mya.

"We need you." He looked back at her and looked down at her stomach.

"You only want me back because I'm with Nikki. Mya, leave me alone." He walked out of the house and got into his car.

Mya stood on her porch and rubbed her stomach as Michael drove away.

He couldn't believe what she told him.

The lies, the hurtful things she said, her coming on to him.

He was fed up.

The drive home was shorter than usual and he was shocked to see he was the first one there.

He didn't receive a text from Nicole, so he texted her once he got inside the house.

"Are you alright, babe?"

He sat down on the couch and took a deep breath just as Nicole walked in the front door.

"Baby? Where are you?" She walked into the living room and sighed before sitting next to him.

"How was it? I know you can't tell me much, but is everything okay?" She ran her hand through her hair and placed her legs on his lap, allowing him to rub her feet.

"Avery is fine. I'm gonna see him tomorrow for an appointment." He kissed her head repeatedly and she groaned softly.

They sat in silence until she opened her eyes and looked at him. He had a sad look on his face.

"Everything okay with you?" She looked into his eyes and furrowed her eyebrows.

"Yeah, I'm just tired." She nodded and got up with a yawn.

"I'll get started on dinner, baby. Just sit here and relax."

She smiled and stretched as she stepped to the kitchen.