Chapter-7 : Freshers' Party

-Your eyes always seemed a puzzle to me, the more I tried to solve, the more I got lost.

It's been four days, Manik and Nandini whenever crossed each other's paths, they ignored each other but not before exchanging challenging angry glares.

Nandini was thinking maybe now this matter is burying, but only she could understand what was actually coming in her way.

Navya and Nandini were in Nandini's room, sitting and talking about random stuffs.

"Nandini, can I ask you one thing?" Navya popped this question.

"Navya, just ask it girl! You don't need my permission before asking anything!" Nandini replied putting hand on her hand assuring her.

"Yeah I know." Navya smiled. "Okay then tell me the truth?" She asked raising an eyebrow.

"About what?" Nandini was confused.

"Why you saved Fab5? You could have given their names to Dean. They would have got expelled for ragging juniors." This question was eating Navya's head from a long time and finally she asked it.

"Yeah. And after that have you thought what would have happened?" Navya looked at her in confusion. "Navya, their whole career would have got spoiled, their life would have got ruined."

"Acha hi hai na, itna rulate hai sab ko. Aise rakshaso ke sath aisa hi hona chahiye. They deserve it."

"Navya, you aren't understanding me. I just wanted to stop ragging. That's it. I accept that they deserve it, maybe more worse for their deeds. But have you thought about their parents? Unki kya galti hai? Like our parents expect a lot from us, likewise their's might as well. I don't wanted to hurt anyone. I don't wanted to be the reason of someone's spoiled life and expectations."

That's how our Nandini!

She always cared for everyone even when people tried to ruin her.

Angelic soul, I tell you!

"Nans!!! Why are you so sweet, girl? Don't you know how this world is? How will you survive here if you will be that good to bad people too?" Navya asked pinching her cheeks.

"Navya, always believe in law of attraction. Give positive and get positive, whatever you believe and do, that's exactly you attracts as well and then universe gives you the same."

"Oh my! You and your philosophies! Mere toh samjh nhi ati!" Navya joined her hands and bowed her head down infront of her whilst Nandini rolled her eyes.

"By the way, we have Freshers' in three day, if you remember?!" Navya spoke.

"Oh yeah! We need to select our clothes. This is the most difficult task." Nandini said irritating.

Dresses, make up & parties weren't her cup of tea.

She wasn't like other teenager. She knew life is much more than these materialistic happiness.

"Nandini, I am warning you! No geeky clothes, no nerdy style. Okay? Whatever I will select, you have to wear it and that's my order." Navya warned her faking anger.

"Okay ma'am!" Nandini replied like an obedient child and chuckled

Navya did a happy dance in her mind for her little victory.

• • •

Finally the day came for which the whole college was waiting desperately.