Chapter 12: Clarke Car and Candy (part 2)

Author's Note: I'm so sorry this chapter took so long to get out. I started school not too long ago and my whole class has just been piled with homework. So stressful. Lol. Sorry guys. But, anyways. Here's the next chapter.

Bellamy slipped out of the gas station's shop, and walked back over to 'his' car and the gas pump. He looked threw the car's broken window and saw Clarke patently waiting to leave.

Bellamy opened the car door, not saying a word to Clarke, and reached for the duffle bag with the money in it. He pulled the bag to him and then took out an 100 dollar bill. Then stuck the duffle bag back into the back seat.

Bellamy walked back to the gas pump, that had filled the tank all the way up to full. He payed for it with the money and get back a few pennies.

"Gas prices these days." Bellamy muttered and then got back into his truck.

"We ready to go?" Clarke asked him, and then he reached into his pocket pulling out the map.

"Yeah. Just let me find where w-"

"Bellamy," Clarke scolded him. "Did you steal that?!"

"Yeah." Bellamy didn't bother to argue his case, he was too busy examining the map. "Ooo. Okay. I found us." Bellamy turns the map to Clarke, pointing at the gas station. "We're right here."

Clarke nodded, not exactly sure what to say.

"Then, if we get back on the freeway we can go to this Phoenix city-place-thing." Bellamy pointed to a place in the map named Phoenix.

"City place thing?" Clarke asked with a small laugh.

Bellamy smiled, finding it a bit funny himself.

"Let's get a move on." Bellamy said as he pulled back into the freeway. "I got you something." He told Clarke as he continued to focus on the road.

"If you stole it, I'm not interested." Clarke said, blandly as she turned to look out the window.

"Oh. Okay." Bellamy teased. "I guess I'll just eat them myself." He reached into his pocket pulling out the Starbursts and waving it in front of Clarke's face.

"Oh my God." Clarke smiled, not even seeming to care that they were stolen. "Bellamy." His names came off her lips with much happiness.

"You want it?" Bellamy asked as he continued to wave the candy in front of her face.

Clarke gently snatched the candy from his hands. "Of course I want it." She told him, still smiling.

"Glad you like it," Bellamy said, satisfied with himself.

"Thank you so much." The huge smile still remained on Clarke's face.

"No problem." Bellamy shrugged, pretending like it wasn't a big deal.

Clarke quickly opened the candy. "You want one?" She offered as she pulled a strawberry flavored Starburst out of the bag.

"I'm good." Bellamy shook his head, denying the offer.

"Wha-what?" Clarke asked him, exaggerating her surprise. "How dare you."

A huge smile appeared on Bellamy's face, as he chuckled. "I dare. Now I must suffer the consequences."

Clarke untapped the candy and scooted closer to Bellamy. She moved closer so her face was only inches from his.

"Clarke, what are y-" Bellamy was interrupted when Clarke went to shove the candy in his mouth. "Claaarke." Bellamy moaned with the candy in his mouth.

"Come on, just eat it." Clarke ordered in a pleading tone.

"Why?" Bellamy complained and then suddenly a small smile over came his face. "Okay. This...Starburst-candy-thing is pretty good."

"Right?" Clarke asked as she moved back to her previous spot, no longer in Bellamy's personal space.

Bellamy glances at Clarke out of the corner of his eyes, for some reason he liked the feeling of her sitting next to him. He...almost...desired to have Clarke next to him. His eyes flashed back onto the road, no longer allowing himself to look at Clarke.

"Hey, do you wanna use the map, and tell me which way to go?" Bellamy asked Clarke, not taking his eyes off of the road

"What?" At her muffled words, Bellamy turned to look at Clarke to see her mouth was full of Starbursts.

"Clarke, what are you doing?" Bellamy chuckled, seeing her mouth full of candy.

"I'm eating candy." Clarke answered him in a duh tone, as she got all the candy down her throat.

Bellamy laughed. "I can tell." He paused. "You wanna direct me or not?"

"Yeah, sure. I'll be this map person-leader-director." Clarke told him, trying to find the right word.

"Map person leader director?" Bellamy smirked. "Sounds about right."

Clarke took the map and squinted at the small drawling of the highway. "You're just gonna drive on the high way for uh 5 more miles and then take a left off the highway."

"You are directing me to Phoenix, right?" Bellamy asked her as he continued to drive.

"No." Clarke told him, sarcastically. "I'm directing you to Mars." Clarke laughed and then told him, seriously. "Yes, Bellamy, I'm directing you to Phoenix."

"Okay, okay. I was only checking." Bellamy switched his blinker on, and then swapped into a different lane.