15

Grant casually drives, one hand loosely on the steering wheel, and his arm hanging out the window. I sit beside him, resting my head on the window. It's calm between us.

"Do you think Lilly will like me?"

"Well, Little Lillian loves practically everything and everyone. Just don't be mean."

I gasp, "Mean? Me? I'm only mean to you."

We fall into a comfortable silence until we reach a simple little townhouse. Grant honks the horn and out comes the cutest girl ever.

She wears pigtails and a pink dress. Her eyes are brown, maybe like her father's eyes. Lillian is short and has to scramble into the back seat.

"Hi, Lillian."

"Hi, Grant. And person I don't know."

"I'm Venice. I'm your brother's--"

"--girlfriend?"

Grant laughs, "I wish."

I roll my eyes, "No, we're not boyfriend and girlfriend."

•••

"You must be Venice," Grant's dad says as he finally settles down at the table, "I'm Chris."

I smile, liking how Grant has talked about me, "Yes, indeed. It's nice to meet you."

Mr. Victor -- Chris -- is a lean, tall man. Grant is just like him in physique. He and Lily have brown eyes, unlike Grant and his mother.

"I've heard a lot about you."

I shake my head, "It's been a month of knowing him, more or less. There's still a lot to learn."

The rest of the wonderful evening is filled with comfortable chatter, and Lillian as adorable entertainment.

_________________

Sorry it took forever to post this chapter.

And sorry about the minimal amount of Lillian.

vote•comment•follow

-thyselves