Chapter 27 - Supervised

"The 3 C's in life: Choice, Chance, Change.
You must make the choice, to take the chance, if you want anything in life to change."

          "Octavia—" Eric's voice sounded a bit distant

          "Octavia—" Eric's voice sounded a bit distant. Then something was moving up and down on my back. I stirred, involuntarily pulling myself out of my sleep. I blinked a couple of times as my eyes landed on Eric's silhouette. He was seated next to me on the bed. "—there you are. Good morning." He chuckled before he lent down and placed a kiss on my forehead. "I'm sorry to wake you like this—"

"Morning sunshine." The arrival of Abby's voice made me sit upright instead, pushing myself up with my hands. Eric barely avoided me and the collision when I moved upright, I blinked a few times to make sure it was really her I saw leaning against the doorframe. Abby was carrying one wide grin and Eric only sighed beside me.

"Abby, seriously?" Eric crossed his arm over his chest and the female leader threw her hands up in surrender before she moved back out into the living room again. "I'm sorry—" Eric sighed but I cut him off by scooting closer.

"Don't be, its okay." I smiled and leaned in for a kiss. Eric complied and pulled me close to him. I was even lifted onto his lap while he kissed me tenderly. "Eric!" I warned after he had released me to breathe. He chuckled when letting me back down onto the bed. "What time is it?" I asked and swung my legs out over the edge.

"07:30 a.m." He replied before I could look at the watch around my wrist. "Max has called for a meeting, concerning what happened yesterday. I cannot promise you won't be reprimanded but those boys surely will." Eric growled hinting to Isaac and Emil. I knew my actions had repercussions as well.

Eric pushed himself up from the bed. It allowed me to see he was already dressed in his usual attire. "Octavia, Four will wake the others in about half an hour. You will face the fear simulator again today, so I suggest you get to breakfast this morning." Eric was serious when he turned back to me. "I expect you to behave." He then added and I noticed the keys having from a finger. He had fished them out of his pocket before turning to me again.

"I will." I chuckled before finding my feet as well. I was already reaching for the keys but he kept them out of my reach for a little longer. "I will behave, trust me." I said again, this time trying to sound even more convincing. Eric groaned and stole another kiss from me, then he left through the open door. "Bye Abby." I called to her because she had lingered. She waved at me before she quickly followed Eric.

I held the keys tightly in my hand and watched them leave the apartment. When they were out of sight, I turned back to the bathroom. I quickly changed into the clean clothes I had brought yesterday before grabbing the dirty clothes beneath the sink. I bundled them up and took one more look in the mirror. It was the same unknown girl that stared back at me.

I cradled the bundle of clothes against my chest when I stepped out of the apartment only moments after. I had made sure there were no one in the hallway before I exited the apartment. I would definitely be in trouble if anyone saw me. Hurrying down the stairs, I knew I would have just enough time to return to the accommodation before Four would wake the others up.