The Alpha's Only Heir- Chapter One

--Five Years Later--

A small boy around five came running into the studio bowing quickly before standing in front of me. Taking a deep breath in I continued with my meditation pose. I could recognize that scent anywhere. “Yes Mathew?” I ask not opening my eyes as I sat cross legged on the floor of the dojo.

“The Alpha is here. He asked for you.” My eyes snapped open. The Alpha is here. I could sense there was more and I quickly beckoned Mathew to my lap. He was still young enough that hugs were allowed.

“What’s bothering you sweetie?” I ask wrapping my arms around his tiny body.

“I heard the older kids saying the Alpha was going to get rid of you. But I don’t want you to go.” He turned in my lap and hugged me tightly.

“Do you wanna know a secret?” I feel him nod his head into my shoulder and continue, “I know the Alpha won’t get rid of me. I’m too special.”

I was going to tell him more but at that moment two older students came to the door. I stood up setting Mathew on his feet next to me. The two boys met my gaze head on, I release some of my power into my gaze- nothing too much just enough for them to remember who’s in charge. The one on the right immediately dropped his gaze and bowed. “Are you challenging me Richard?” I glared at the boy on the left, he had recently grown taller than me and had lost respect. In a flash I had my hand around his throat, pushing him into the door frame. Immediately he closed his eyes. I pushed him down the doorframe until he was on his knees. “Never forget I am your superior. I am your teacher and next time you challenge me like that I will not go easy on you.” I could feel the shock seep into his mind. I released his throat and let a low growl out with it.

“Mathew please have Corey take you to my office and wait there for me.” Once they left I looked at Richard who was glaring at something around my kneecaps. “Center, now.” I said in my no-nonsense voice.

These older ones are going to be a pain in my rear end. As the kids got older they tested their limits and I always was the first one they’d test with. I was the defense and discipline instructor and the only female within the whole school outside of the nurse. Sighing, cracked my knuckles before grabbing a chair and placing it in front of him. “First give me your message.” I circled around him slowly.

“Alpha Charles wants you in his office now.”

“That sneer does not become you Richard.” I landed a kick to the back of his right knee, his strong side, making him fall. “That is a much better look for you.” I was trying to test his temper now. I sent a small kick to the center of his back and he fell face first into the mat. I sat in the chair in front of him and I could see him fuming. “I’ve changed my mind. I like this better.” That did it. In a flash he was up his hands on my shoulders applying pressure.

“Why you-”

“Bitch?” I said in a calm voice no longer sneering at him. He still hasn’t learned to control him temper. I watched as his eyes swirled, his black pupils threatening to take over. Fight your temper. I willed him to control to see the test I had laid before him- the one he was failing miserably. He made a move to slap me when I took action. Grabbing his arm I twisted it behind him. When he tried to use his weight advantage to flip me over I put my forearm around his exposed neck squeezing it between my bicep and forearm. “Calm down now and submit.” I ordered. I really didn’t like to hurt any of my students and I very rarely ever touched any of them. He struggled, trying to use his height advantage to lift me off but the more he struggled the more pressure I applied to his neck.

“I submit miss.” He wheezes out. Immediately I let go, motioning him to the chair I previously occupied.

“Lesson one; respect is earned but until you can show it to others you will never have it yourself.” I moved closer to look him in the eyes, their normal color there shinning bright with a mix of emotions. “Lesson two; you have the potential to be a great fighter one day but that temper will undo you every time. Anger makes you strong but don’t let it make you blind.” I wanted him to realize his potential, I knew that when the time came Richard would do well in his own coming of age battle but winning wasn’t everything. “Your punishment is a month of meditation classes. You miss one class, are late, or disrespectful at anytime I’ll have no choice but punish you personally. Understood?” I stared at him sternly and waited for his answer. “Verbal confirmation Richard.”