Avril Lavigne Through The Years

1. August 29, 2002
Avril Lavigne wore a tie around her neck, posed with her award for Best New Artist at the MTV Video Music Awards in New York. "When I was 17, I was such a tomboy," Lavigne told The Huffington Post in September 2011. "I would wear something in my music video and then wear the same thing on the red carpet."

2. February 23, 2003
The 'Sk8er Boi' singer wore a suir-inspired ensemble at the 45th annual Grammy Awards at Madison Square Garden in NYC. Lavigne flashed the inside of her coat to photographers, which said "ROCK ON."

3. April 3, 2004
Lavigne wore a pinstriped blazer and black streaks in her hair to Nickelodeon's 17th annual Kids' Choice Awards. "After the release of my first album, I realized how much fashion was involved in my musical career," Lavigne told The Huffington Post in
September 2011. "With a lot of the designs, I try to tie in some of my lyrics and more musical elements."

4. September 16, 2004
Avril Lavigne curled her blonde locks and matched her guitar with her dress to The Thomas and Max Center in Las Vegas during the World Music Awards show.

5. April 26, 2006
Lavigne attended Us Weekly's 2006 Hot Hollywood party at Republic Restaurant & Lounge in Los Angeles. The singer smiled on the red carpet in a black and gray striped dress with a studded belt.

6. September 14, 2008
Fashion designer Lavigne took the stage at her Abbey Dawn fashion show at Laforet Harajuku in Tokyo, Japan.

7. February 26, 2010
Lavigne looked stunning in a fitted black gown at the premier of Alice in Wonderland at the Odeon Leicester Square in London. Staying true to her unique style, the singer wore matching black streaks in her hair.

8. September 12, 2011
The designer wore a tiara to her Spring 2012 fashion show during Style360 at the Metropolitan Pavilion in NYC.

9. March 13, 2012
Stepping out on the red carpet at the launch party for her Abbey Dawn collection at the Viper Party in Hollywood, Lavigne dressed casually in a black sweatshirt.

10. September 13, 2012
After Nickleback frontman Chad Kroeger and Lavigne announced their engagement in August 2012, the couple went for a stroll together in romantic Paris. "I've been thinking about it; I haven't come to a decision on themes yet, but I'm really excited to start planning and even more excited about the wedding dress," Lavigne told Us Weekly in September 2012 about her upcoming wedding. "I have a lot of ideas and I'm trying to figure out which direction to go."