U.N.E.

U.N.E. by Captius

This is just something I am working on while writers block on another project is stumping me. As such I am not to worried about errors and updates may come slower or faster depending on how my writers block is going. Sorry for any incovience and I hope you enjoy.

2013 All Rights Reserved

Prologue

Leviathan, a fifteen year old Second Lieutenant in the British Military sighed loudly and snuggled further into his pilot's seat as much as the solid and bolted down object would allow.  A bead of sweat rolled down the young pilot's forehead and off his chin, causing a small wet circle on his military issued G-Force Suit. One of the largest battles England had ever seen was about to start, but Leviathan wasn't sweating due to nerves. No, he had been here many times before. The reason for his sweat was the fact that he had his cockpit temperature set to a balmy twenty eight degrees Celsius, not his nerves for the impending clash. Right before a battle the young officer preferred to have his body relaxed by heat, it made him more limber and a lot easier to do what needed to be done.

A little annoyed at the fact that the enemy was taking its sweet time, Leviathan casually flicked a single button on the panel that contained over a hundred such buttons in front of him. The featureless metal wall in front of him slowly shifted as the onboard computer quickly booted up and an image of the area right outside his cockpit came into view as it was projected directly onto the heavy duty cockpit wall. The burned out and smoking hulk of the once proud city of Manchester came into view, contemporary and non contemporary buildings alike in ruin. Over seven hundred thousand proud British citizens had once lived in this beautiful city, but now only military personnel from various countries occupied the broken and rubble strewn streets.

Leviathan had never actually seen the proper Manchester with his own eyes, only knowing vaguely what it had looked like from old photographs that had been taken over ten years ago. He had been born in Carlisle, near the border between England and Scotland. When he was three years old Carlisle had been attacked and destroyed. Leviathan didn't really remember much of what had happened then, only visions of fire and screams, but he did know that in the six hours it took for the city to fall he had lost his mother, father, younger brother, and an older sister. His eldest sister had saved his life and the two of them had evacuated to London, a city that was heavily protected and fortified against the enemy. Twelve years later and it was a totally different story though. Only ninety thousand soldiers stood between the invading forces and the ancient city. Their backs were on the ropes and they all knew it. If they didn't push their foe back today then all hope of saving the United Kingdom was lost. That's what they had all been told during the briefing.

The Heads Up Display that was connected to his helmets visor suddenly beeped twice and a message was displayed across his vision: Incoming Transmission on Secure Channel. Sighing deeply once more, Leviathan straightened up in his seat and pressed a small button on the side of his high tech M-30 Pilot's Helmet, changing the black visor to clear so his face was visible. Next he typed a few commands into his computer terminal and accepted the call, a small window opening up in the middle of his HUD as a video link from another pilot appeared. A young woman in her early twenties appeared, her short brown hair and sparkling brown eyes illuminated by the light from her monitor. It was a face Leviathan had seen a million times before, one that always managed to both calm him and annoy him at the same time.