Chapter 1

"You did what?" Dean yelled at you. Sam was still passed out on the motel bed, which in your opinion was a good thing.

"Shh, not so loud, I don't want Sam to know." You hushed Dean. Sam mumbled in his sleep, turning on his side.

"Don't you think he will find out soon enough? It's not every day your girlfriend sells her soul to save your life. How long did you get anyways?" Dean asked, following your request to lower his voice.

You glance towards Sam. Earlier that evening, Sam had been gravelly injured on the hunt, and you had made a crossroads deal to heal him.

You tuck your head, afraid to see Dean's reaction. "One year." You whisper, hoping he didn't hear. But he did.

"One year!" He yelled, causing Sam to wake up, and jump out of bed. His hair was standing on end, and he was still half asleep.

He glances between you and his brother. "Dean, are you hitting on Y/ N again? Didn't we have this talk? She chose me, not you." Sam says.

You notice Dean starting to speak and you cut him off. "It's nothing Sam. You know how Dean and I always have to argue."

Sam looked between the two of you, not really believing what you had said. He stretches, then looks down at his shirt, noticing the blood covering it.

"Why can't I remember how the hunt went down? What happened?"

You glare at Dean, trying to make him understand that you would kill him if he said one word. "The hunt was pretty nasty, and you got hit on the head and knocked out. We brought you back here, and waited for you to wake up."

Sam seemed to believe you. He ran his hands through his hair. "Well at least it wasn't too bad. I don't even feel a bump. Why don't I get ready, get us all some breakfast." 

Nodding your head, you watch as Sam takes a change of clothes into the bathroom, returning minutes later. You and Dean are strangely quiet, and Sam gives you a weird look before taking the keys and leaving. As soon as the door is shut, Dean turns to face you again.

"Why the hell did you lie to him? You know he's going to find out, and he's going to be pissed that you lied to him!"

You push your finger into Dean's chest, unafraid of the big hunter. "He won't find out, not if I can help it. And you won't tell him. If you know what's best for Sam, you will keep my secret."

Dean stands back, thinking. You start to fidget, waiting for his answer. "Fine. I don't like it, but until we can figure a way out of this, it might be best if Sam is unaware. But once it gets closer, I will make you tell him."

_____________6 months later___________________

You watch as Sam and Dean walk out of the house, both dressed as FBI agents. The three of you were on a hunt, fighting witches, and they had you stay in the Impala as they questioned the victims families. You didn't mind, it gave you time to think. 6 months had passed since that hunt, and Sam still didn't know. Dean had kept his promise, and hadn't said a word. However, half of the year had gone by, and you hadn't found a way out of it yet. If nothing happened soon you knew Dean would make you tell Sam.

They opened the doors of the Impala, climbing inside. Sam turns and smiles at you, and you melt at the sweetness.

"Hey sweetheart, miss us?" Sam said, and you leaned forward, pecking his cheek.

"You yes, Dean not so much." You joke. Because of your secret, your relationship with Dean had changed, and you were much closer now.

He laughed, before pulling the Impala onto the road.