Chapter Eight: Lies and Expectations

~Peter~

The next morning was pretty rough. I woke up late with a pounding headache. I couldn't walk right once I woke up. I literally fell to the ground and hit my head, which did not help my headache.

"Felix!" I yelled.

Quickly, I heard my tents door open.

"Your not looking too good Pan." Felix said.

"Thanks, like I didn't know that! Now help me up!" I yelled. Felix scrambled over to where I fell and helped me up off the floor.

"So, how'd everything with Max go?"

I sent him a glare.

"Ok,not too hot I assume." He answered himself.

"You know, you really shouldn't ask questions that you already know the answer too." I laughed as he helped me outside.

I looked around and of course Max was the only one not there.

"Where is she?"

Felix looked at me.

"Um....I have I idea."

I yelled in frustration. I need to find her.

"Well someone woke up I the wrong side of the bed this morning."

"Shut up Felix!" I spat.

Felix stood there stunned. I've never yelled at him like that. He's my most trusted Lost Boy. I tried to look him in the eyes, but he turned away.

"Lost Boys never apologize." He whispered so only the two of us could hear.

I looked around and took a deep breath. I shook my head and walked into the thick dense forest.

"I'm going to find you."

I walked for about ten minutes when I heard the first sigh. Slowly I began to walk again, but stopped when I heard a second one. One after another I could hear them, so I began to follow the sound and where they lead me was exactly where I wanted to go.

"No matter where you go love, I always will find you."

~Max~

I freeze at the sound of his voice. I quickly shove my key back under my shirt and turn around.

"What do you want Pan?" I ask.

"What do you want Pan?" He mocked with a smug smile. "What I want is for you to stop leaving camp."

I laugh.

"And unfortunately, that is something I cannot do."

I turned back around, so now my back was to him.

"What?!" He yelled. "Did you actually think I loved you?!"

Like last night, his words hit me as if a sword pierced my heart.

Yes Pan, yes I did actually think that you loved or even cared about me.

"Oh love-"

I turned around and cut him off.

"Oh don't you oh love me! I've had about enough of your little games and I'm sick of it! I'm sick of you trying to break me down piece by piece and then get ride of me once you've had enough fun! I'm tired of you thinking that it's ok to mess with my feelings and my life! I never asked to be here in the first place! All I wanted was to get away from my mother, not come here, and you know what?! Right now being locked up in a tower is better then this. It's better then kneeling down to your every need! I'm done! Just take me home!"

I took a deep breath and then I slapped him. Peter lifted up a hand and placed it on the red mark on his face. He smiled and shook his head.

"You shouldn't have done that love." He mocked.

I took a deep breath and gritted my teeth.

"Don't call me that."

My hands were balling into fists. I could take it anymore. I started to walk away when Pan grabbed my arm.

"Let go of me you little-"

He cut me off by placing his lips on mine. At first I tried to get out from his grip, but the way I felt for this boy just melted that away.

Soon, Peter broke the kiss.

"Don't you ever say that again, you don't want to go back to your mother and we both know it. That wasn't me talking back there and last night, it was my shadow trying to tell me that you'll just hold me back, but I won't listen to him anymore. I care for you I really do, and I'd do anything for you. Just promise me that you'll never say that again."

Peter looked deep into my eyes, and this time I saw the truth.

"I promise, but you, you never lie to me again, and you never ever keep secrets from me." I answer.

Peter smiles.

"I promise."

And he crashes his lips onto mine. He takes the lead until I finally break for air. He places a hand on my cheek and leans down placing his forehead on mine. I close my eyes and breath I his scent.

It's a quiet silence that Peter soon breaks.

"Come on, let's go back to camp."

"Ok" I nod.

Peter smiles and sweeps my feet off the ground. I let out a groan while he laughs.

"I still hate flying." I remind him.

"I know." And he takes off.