Chapter 16: Still the one

Nialls POV
"Hey Harry... Can I ask a question?" I said while I looked at my plate, playing with my food

"Sure lad" Harry said turning around and leaning against the counter

"Do you think scarlet has been....I don't know...pretending from the start?"

"Pretending? What are you talking about?"

"You know..pretending to love me from the beginning. To get with me, get her fame, and leave?"

"Niall...you're the one who chased after her. You fell in love with her first"

"But she could've been pretending....for fame."

"Niall...she hasn't been pretending anything. She's an honest girl..who's trying to play it safe. She only wants the best for you"

"But she told me she loves me"

"If you love someone...you need to let them go. And if they come back to you...they're yours" Harry said a pulled a piece of paper out of his pocket.

"Here, this is for you" he said giving me the paper

I opened it and it was from scarlet...

Niall,
I need you to bear with me. I can't live knowing that I am being chased. That I am being put in danger...I don't want to hurt you. Last night happened, we kissed. I felt something with you that was so unimaginable...but this shouldn't happen. I was yours once, I'll always be yours...just not your girlfriend or anything more. I want to let you know that it's okay to move on. Nothing is stopping you now; you deserve someone even better. There's so many better girls out there...I never meant for any of this to happen. If our love is meant to be, then we'll come back to eachother. I love you Niall...
Xoxo, Scarlet

I felt my eyes and cheeks burn up. Harry touched me and I couldn't help but stand up furious, run up to my room, and smash glasses and vases on the way up. How could she do this to me? When my life was started to get great. I wasn't stressed with concerts or anything. I got my guitar and wrote the lyrics that came to my head

"I want, I want, I want, but that's crazy
I want I want I want but that's not me
I want I want I want to be loved by you"

I sang this to myself and threw my guitar on the floor. I slept until 2 pm the next day...I laid in bed on my phone the whole day and by 7 at night, I was already asleep again.

I walked downstairs after about a week. I had been in my room for a while and only got up for food. I wasn't even sad or angry anymore. I just lost all hope and couldn't go through my days knowing scarlet wasn't by my side

"Listen, it's been a week since any of us have heard him talk" Louis said and all the boys agreed. I heard a familiar voice. It sounded like Scarlet...but there was another girl too.

"Guys, this is hard for me to. But I can't be in a relationship. Simon signed off for me to create my own album and he has all these great ideas. I'm going across the U.S. and whatever comes next. Niall has to be with you..." I looked around the corner and saw....Scarlet. She looked beautiful. My beautiful girl.

"He loves you so much. He couldn't stop talking about you when he met you. You've broken him" Liam said

A tear fell from her eye. I wanted to run up and hug her, kiss her, tell her it's okay. But I couldn't

"Okay, well Rachel...we're gonna set you up with Niall. Just so he feels like he has a girl again. It's temporary...unless of course you fall in love." Harry said.
Scarlet looked distressed and envious.

"I'm gonna go talk to Niall if you'll excuse me" she said

I ran up to my room and pretended to be sleeping. She opened my door and sat on the edge of my bed, right by my chest.

"Niall" she touched my arm. I removed it from her grip.

"Niall, it's me. Please talk to me" she whimpered

"Please leave" I said under my covers. She laid down next to me, her nose just inches from mine.

"Niall..." She whispered. I opened my eyes. A tear fell from her eye.

"Please stop crying and just walk out" I said

"Okay" she whispered and closed the door.

Tomorrow was our big concert. Tomorrow we had to fly to LA. Tomorrow was Scarlets birthday....