f i v e

Aaliyah

I sat on my large suitcase as my mom helped me zip it up. I wasn't a light packer. I packed double the clothes I would need for a week. You can never be too sure.

I was just looking forward to relaxing and letting loose. Yeah I may have a wrap that is stopping me from swimming but honestly I don't want to swim. Wouldn't want to rip my foot open again now would I?

All I know is, Justin will definitely bring booze and so will the other guys and that's a plus. No parents, just a bunch of teenagers.

"You excited for this?" My mom spoke as I checked my phone for the time.

2:34 pm.

"Definitely." I smiled to myself. "But do you really trust me to be alone with them without and parents?" I questioned.

"Of course I do honey. You know I'm a cool mom. I also know the things you have done, and although I disagree with underage drinking or pot smoking, you're 14 and you're only young once. I trust you and I know you can handle it." I rolled my eyes at her claiming to be cool, but she really was. I leaned in for a hug and I squeezed her tightly.

"Thanks mom." She smiled as we pulled away, nodding and then helping me off the bed, handing me my crutches.

"I've got your bag." She said referring to the large duffel bag that contained everything I would possibly need for the cottage.

I hobbled down the hallway and carefully hopped down the stairs on one foot. That was the best part about the injury but, it was still painful.

I made my way over to the couch and my mom set my bag near the front door.

Suddenly the doorbell rang and I heard my mom open the door, then voices. "Lacy's here!"

"Babe!" Lacy squealed as she ran over to me tackling me onto the couch. "I'm so sorry I couldn't visit you at the hospital. How are you feeling?" She asked frantically as she pulled away.

"I'm fine, did you take your pills today?" I laughed at my overly hyper best friend.

"No, I'd rather be hyper the whole trip than pissy. That's the thing about ADHD, I have two different personalities and we can all agree that without my pills, I'm way better." She gabbed and I just chuckled.

"Oh, I missed you." I smiled hugging her tightly.

"You saw me two days ago." She laughed and I shrugged.

"Yeah I know. Why didn't you come for the last day? You get invited to all the parties that day." I asked and it was her turn to shrug now.

"I don't really care about the last day. All we do is listen to teachers cry even though we'll see them next year." She explained and I hummed. "Plus I can just show up with you." I nodded at her statement.

"That's true." I agreed and sat back on the couch as did Lacy.

We continued talking about what we would do while at the cottage and Lacy went fangirl mode over Ryan. She was obsessed with him.

The doorbell rang once again and we knew it was Justin. We squealed for some unknown reason and my mom went to answer the door while Lacy helped me up. I took my time getting to the door not wanting to fall on my face.

"Hey princess." Justin smiled down at me and I waved as I leaned  on my non injured foot. He pulled me into a hug and before I knew it he was carrying me bridal style. He scooped up my bag and I held onto my crutches laughing softly.

"You spoil me." I pointed out and he just chuckled.

"Yes I do, but you deserve it." He remarked and I thanked him quietly.