Chapter 1

Hey guys. Ok, so this is an idea for a story that I've had stuck in my head for a while now, and I've decided to write it. Alright, tell me if you like it.  

_____________________________________________________________________________

 "This is it, I'm finally going to tell her," I mumbled under my breathe as I walked up to Serena, her beautiful long blond hair flowing off her shoulders. As she turns around, I see a flicker of light reflect off her deep blue eyes. I wish I could just drown in them. "Serena?" I called her name.

 "Yes...?" She replied. Oh, her face looked so soft, so sweet, so innocent. I wish I could just pause time right here, right now. I want nothing more then to hold this girl in my arms, make her mine, Spend every minute with her. I pushed my bangs out of my face, revealing my dull gray eyes, and with a smile, I told her every bit of truth.

 "Serena, I think I love you," I say, as I hand her the rose. She shot me a look of utter confusion. I kept my calm atttude and proceeded.  I might as well get this over with.  "and I will love you 'till every petal of this, and every rose on earth, falls."

 I put my hands in my pockets, ignoring the chains that so tightly wrapped around them.

 "I....I honestly have no idea what to say, Zane" She studdered. 

 "Just say you'll go on a date with me," I pleaded.

 "I'm sorry, Zane. I'ts just," She sighed. "I just don't don't like you in that way - But hey! I'm sure some other girl will feel the same way about you!"

 "Well, I guess I'll see you around," I added, turning away, my hope turned to bitter defeat.

 A small suprise. I noticed what she did with the rose. She didn't throw it out, or shove it in her locker, or even give it to one of her friends. She held it, and fluffed the petals. Out of the corner of my eye, I even saw her smile. I could hear her friends mumbling as I advanced farther away from her.

 "That's so sweet!"

 "Why'd you turn him down?"

 "He was so cute! You let him get away!"

 *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 Later that evening, in my room, I had sat on the chair by the desk.

I flip the blade open, and watch the light glisten across the sharp, ceraded edge. Holding it in my hand, I knew what I was getting into. I knew how it would feel. I let the blade tug along my skin, leaving its signature red mark. It would be lying to say I wasn't in pain, but the relief after soothed better than anything. 

Back arched over, face in a grimace. I lay down the swiss army knife down on the desk and clench my eyes and fists shut tight. I slowly open them and stare at my wrist in self disgust.

The blood began to ooze out. Slowly at first, then faster, rushing to escape the wound.

I stood up and walked into my bathroom and ran the cuts under the sink. The tears flowed from my eyes as steady as the blood from my wrist.

The water in the sink was starting to become a rosey red color which reminded me of why I had cut in the first place. 

After quite some time, the bleeding began to lessen and the water began to clear up. When I could no longer see red in the water, I turned off the sink and gently dried my wrist. 

I walked out of my bathroom and across my room to sit on my bed. With wrist still throbbing, I clenched my eyes shut tight once again. 

I reached out for my phone, which had just beeped.

I received a text on my Blackberry Curve. As I went to recieve it, I noticed that I didn't know the number. I opened it anyways.

 "hey zane, its serena. I just wanted to say...about today...that was really sweet. im actually holding that rose now. well, i guess ill see you tomarrow at school? bye"

Fuck.

I fell back on the bed, half in shock, half in love.

______________________________________________________________________________ 

Well guys, that's the first chapter. Tell me if you like it?