00 || losers

Losers

(n.) Actually cool people. Others are just jealous of them.

Boo Seungkwan held his elbows up and his hands locked with one another supporting the back of his neck. He stuck his nose up in the air with a big smile and from that alone anyone could see how he was careless, sarcastic, fun, and most of all, how he was free.

Across the small platform of flowers was the same thing. There stood a tall boy on the other side named Kim Mingyu. Kim Mingyu was kind faced, sociable, friendly, and he was also free. The boys beside him contrasted their personas but again that word was still there. Free.

Lee Jinhee was the opposite. She felt as if she was prisoned down. Hands and feet chained down to a cold cement. Not that she complained though. At least she wasn't alone; at least she had friends. She didn't want to follow the path of a fake friendship but she needed to. It was her only way of surviving this horrid place that went by the name of High School.

Soobin and Mimi were the one's Jinhee stood next to all day long. They were the typical types of girls from class. The ones who pretended not to pay a mind to anyone around them except for their group. The girls who cared for their nails and their hair and who only liked people like them. For some reason Jinhee was accepted into their group maybe because she disliked everything the two had hated. She wore converse and big sweaters and never talked to the boys of their class. When she did, it was probably to insult them. To Soobin and Mimi that meant no competition so why not have another member to their little group?

Lee Jinhee sighed knowing how much she changed. She stopped in the middle of the street as the wind circled around her. Her hair had moved along with the strong breeze, wanting to go along with the careness of the wind but Jinhee didn't pay a mind to it. She looked up at the school she had known to hate. She squeezes the papers she had in her hand. Anger filled her for a second or two.

"Jinhee! What are you doing? Let's get to class!" Soobin shouts catching Jinhee's attention quickly. She had frightened her a bit, but not too much. Jinhee nods a bit signifying the two girls she had heard them.

Jinhee looks up at the school one more time. "Please don't be torture this year."

"Lee Jinhee! Are you paying attention?" I look up to see Mrs. Song as she was facing straight towards me, staring into my soul.

"Of course I'm paying attention Mrs. Song!" I exclaim raising my head to look straight back at her pointed eyes.

"Would you like to show the class the answer to number thirteen, Ms. Lee?" I cringe a bit at the tone of her voice. "Ms. Lee" ugh why does she do this?

"Uhm 17?" (A/N: fiGHt mE) I ask and she sighs.

"Pay attention next time, Ms. Jinhee. It's only the first day." The class laughs slightly but the boy beside me laughs a little too loudly, causing Mrs. Song to look to him next.

"Yah Boo Seungkwan! You think that's funny? When I wake you up in the middle of the class are you going to laugh then?" Seungkwan then shakes his head with a small smile, trying to calm himself down. I look over at the boy with the brown hair. Brown? I furrow my eyebrows questioning why this kid would have brown hair. Not many students in our school dyed their hair yet this guy was so willing to dye it? Sure, my hair was dyed a light brown but only because of Soobin. This kid must be brave for that. I sigh and hold my head with one of my hands. He must have a lot of friends.

A loud bang comes from just outside the door and I lift my head up only a bit to see what the sudden noise came from. By the time I had looked, everyone's eyes were glued to the classroom door already. The door opens slightly to reveal a tall kid. He seemed to be out of breath. I sit up quickly to see the tall boy's eyes on my own. My cheeks become a slight shade of pink and for some reason my heart was beating faster a bit more than normal while his eyes stood still with mine. He looks away and I shake my head.

"He's cute." I hear Soobin speak with a kind of whisper and I shrug slightly and face towards her.

"He's not my type." I say back while Mimi begins to giggle.

"You don't have a type, Jinhee." We all look back at the tall boy to see him bowing to the teacher and class as an apology for being so late on the first day.

He was just another boy in our class what was so special about him? I lay my head back down ignoring everyone in the classroom.

inspired by Ao Haru Ride

***

hello everyone! first of all i'd like to thank you for wasting your time reading this prologue and please look foward to my Mingyu fanfic! this takes place before SEVENTEEN's debut just FYI i feel like this is more of an au but it's not i promise !! ..or is it ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

add this to your reading list ;)