Epilogue

Areesha

How can a person like me will ever be able to fall in love with someone so deeply that everything in this world seems to be freeze when I was in his arms. It was Nabeel who has changed the description of love for me. We were meant to be together, we were destined to be together.

I still can't believe I've spent these 22 years with him. We shared everything, we shared love, we shared happiness, we shared joy and most of all we shared our sorrows. Whenever he calls me 'sunshine' it feels right it feels great.

Nabeel was the best thing ever happened to me, my life was so disciplined before him but when I met him everything changed I was changed he made me a better person he made me love him, he made me more responsible towards relationships.

Being in a relationship you don't need to do anything to make it stronger, you just need to trust your partner. We trusted each other 22 years back and now we are together until death apart us. That day when I told Nabeel that I was pregnant he couldn't believe it he asked me three times to confirm it that I was expecting his child, he was so happy. we danced together in the rain that night.

I still remember how he cared for me in my pregnancy, I was treated like a princess. My mid night cravings and my mood swings were horrible and he managed everything well. He was also there holding my hand when I delivered our first child, it was a girl I named her Neesha she was beautiful just like her father. When we hold her together for the first time we both were crying, that feeling of holding your own flesh and blood was so overwhelming.

When Neesha was born my father appeared at the hospital for the first time in six months. After I left the house he broke all the connections with me. Actually he was hurt, that was the first time his only daughter denied something he ordered but my mother and Ryan supported me in my decision. My father came to visit me at the hospital and we both cried when we hugged each other. When he held Neesha in his arms he connected with her right at the moment. After that Nabeel and my father became friends and they get along very well with each other.

After Neesha we had a son and Nabeel named him Arish. We raised our children with patience and gave them our unconditional love and taught them our moral values, that makes them a good person. Nabeel proved himself as a loving husband and a caring father.  My daughter Neesha is now 21 years old and studying medicine she loves to do social work. My son Arish he's 17, he plays football for our National team and doing his A's level, he likes to coach poor children who couldn't afford any football coaching. Both of my kids are very obedient like me and adventurous like their father.

I started to work again as a teacher and after sometime I opened a school for handicapped children and Nabeel helped me in setting up my own school and never underestimated me. My school is now one the best schools in our country. 

I never told my kids that how me and Nabeel got married I was afraid it might change their perspective towards their father. He is a good father and I don't want my kids to feel bad about him. Nabeel is my hero and our kids should feel the same about him.

I know I have few days left with Nabeel I have a brain tumor which is killing me Nabeel is doing everything to keep me alive but I'm losing life day by day. I'm not afraid of death I'm afraid of losing him.

I know he will be shattered when I will be gone forever but he has our memories he has our precious moments and most of all he has our kids. I'll always be alive in this diary.

I didn't believe in love but now spending all my life with a great man whose my husband Nabeel, my friend and my soulmate I can proudly say that....

I believe in love always had and always will...

Nabeel

After reading the last sentence of her diary I closed Areesha's diary and wiped my tears from my face. I looked at my daughter Neesha her eyes were fixed on her mother's grave she was crying too. Arish was sitting besides me and I could hear him sobbing.

Areesha left us three days back, she fought hard but she couldn't survive in the surgery and we lost her. Before her surgery she talked to our kids one by one alone in her hospital room after that she called me and ask me to hold her, we both lie down together and I pulled her into my arms. She gave me her diary that day. Areesha asked me to read her diary to our kids if she won't be able to make it in the surgery. 

After her death I was shattered, but when we visited her grave after three days of her death I decided to read her diary there in front of our kids. I want my kids to know that how we fought so hard for each other.

I stood up and gathered both my kid and hugged them. It's hard for me but it's difficult for my kids too they love their mother and now they have to live without her. Areesha loved them and she always did the best for them she raised them with so much love that her love will always be there for our kids when she wasn't around.

"Your mother loved you guys." I assured my kids.

"Yes dad but she loves you more." I was surprised to hear my daughter's words.

"You guys are supposed to be angry with me, I kidnapped your mother." I questioned my kids.

"I'm glad you did that dad." Arish said and Neesha smiled on his comment.

I was relieved to know that my kids aren't angry with me. I've always wanted my kids to know the truth but Areesha was very skeptical about it.

"It was our past and kids will never be able to understand our decisions, they shouldn't know about it." Areeseha's voice hammered in my mind. She was wrong about it, our kids trust us.  

Together we shower roses on Areesha's grave. Kids said their farewell to their mother and left me alone with my wife.

One last time I closed my eyes and tried to feel her presence around me and I felt her. I recall all our beautiful moments together when I first saw her, when we were on the beach and she called me her husband for the first time, our first kiss, our precious moments of passion and love and then I saw her, she was smiling at me her eyes were shining in the sunshine.

"I miss you sunshine. I know you miss me too and I promise I'll be there soon." I opened my eyes and smiled.

Areesha was right I have her memories and they are enough for the lifetime...