08: Goodbye

~(Y/n)'s POV~

You sighed, stuffing the last of your things into a bag. Three more days until the last day of summer. You weren't a year-rounder at Camp Half Blood, so you had to leave to go back to school. Back to the hallways that smelled of urin and glue. Magazines and dandruff. It was in the walls, the sort of smell that never leaves.

Packing to leave Camp Half Blood for the new school year was something that about 60% of the campers were doing at the moment. The other 40% were either saying goodbyes or celebrating about how much space they'll have in their cabin now.

As you were getting ready to leave, you thought about all the friends you weren't going to see for almost a year. Piper, Annabeth, Jason, Leo, Percy, Travis, Connor, Alabaster, Tyson, Grover, Rachel, and pretty much the entire camp. This may sound cheesy, but one person stood out over all of them. Nico.

Nico was a goofy little emo kid who you couldn't help but fall for. One school year is probably not as long as long as it sounds, but the thought of not seeing your best friend for that long, made you think of it as a lifetime in the Fields of Punishment. And putting school on top of all of that? Ugh.

You zipped your suitcase closed and took one last look at your cabin. "Peace out, mi familia," you said to all your siblings, while walking out. You didn't want to get all emotional now.

All of your siblings mumbled some bye's and went back to whatever they were doing.

Before you could close the door behind you, your favorite little half-brother clinged to your leg. "Wait, (Y/n)! Don't leave me with these people!" The little seven-year-old pleaded.

You ruffled his hair and laughed. "Don't worry, Squirt. I'll be back sometime soon," you kind of lied. Oops?

After prying him off your leg, you set off to go say bye to Nico, you had saved him for last.

The walk to the Hades Cabin was peaceful and short. You knocked, and once the door opened you immediately tackled him in a hug.

"Oof," he groaned, "why must you physically attack me like this?"

You shrugged and pulled away. "It's how I show affection. And what I just did was basically an 'I love you.' Anyway, I came here to say goodbye."

He frowned. "I thought you weren't leaving until Friday," he said disappointed.

"Yeah, well, my aunt wants me to have a few days to get settled in at home, so that I can rest before school starts."

He nodded. There was silence.

You finally spoke up, "I'm really gonna miss you."

He looked at you and smiled softly. "Me too. Who else is going to tackle me in hugs while you're gone?"

You both hugged each other one last time. He held onto you tightly. "Goodbye," you whispered in his ear.

"This isn't goodbye. This is see you later."
___________________________

Oh my gods this was such a terrible chapter. I was trying to be poetic. I am so sorry. I have completely failed you. Uggg.

Irrelevant side note, if you're reading this and you know me IRL, just take a step back, turn around and forget what you saw here.

But vote first. - latersatyr, over and out