Chapter 11: Clarke Car and candy (part 1)

"Okay. Turn it down." Clarke told Bellamy, laughing. She reached over and turned down the radio, from the volume '64' down to'27', and then Clarke rolled up the windows, her hair crazy from being thrown around by the wind.

Bellamy chuckled and then took his eyes off the road, looking over to Clarke. Once he saw her, he began laughing harder.

"What?" Clarke asked confused as to why he was laughing so hard. "What's wrong?"

"Your hair." Bellamy managed threw his laughter.

Clarke brought her hand to her head and tried to fix her hair. She didn't do a great job, only flattened the stop of her hair a bit.

"Your princess hair is gone." Bellamy laughed again before leaning over to fix the blonde mess on top of Clarke's head.

Bellamy brushed his fingers through her hair, parting it neatly with his fingers. He did his best to 'de-fluff' the puffy mess.

"There." He said, smiling.

"Better?" Clarke asked and looked up to meet his gaze.

Bellamy opened his mouth to say something, "Beautiful, you're beautiful." Bellamy chocked on his own saliva at the thought of saying those words to anyone, especially Clarke.

Wha-why would you think to tell Clarke that? Because...because-no,no,no Bellamy Blake does not have feelings, you couldn't have feelings! Whoo knows what telling Clarke those words would do. We could start to develop feelings, especially if you call her beautiful!

He was quiet for a second, completely lost in her blue eyes. Quickly, Bellamy forced his eyes away from Clarke's and tuned his head back to the road.

"Yeah. It's uh It's better." Bellamy told her, still looking at the road.

At first, Clarke was puzzled as to why he looked away from her.

He has to drive, stupid. Clarke told herself, turning her head to look out the window.

"So..." Clarke's voice trailed off, not knowing what else to say. "I don't really know much about you except that your name is Bellamy and you're twenty-three."

"Is that your way of asking me about myself?" Bellamy asked, sounding a bit defensive.

"It's not like you need to tell me anything that you don't want to." Clarke started talking, again after getting no response. "Like...what's your favorite color."

"Oh no." Bellamy sarcastically spoke as he shook his head. "Now you've crossed the line, Princess."

Clarke laughed and played along with the joke. "Tell me you're favorite color or else."

Bellamy smiled and then answer seriously. "Black."

"Black?" Clarke asked him in a near disgusted tone. "That's it, that's your favorite color?"

"Hey." Bellamy said, keeping his eyes on the road. "What's wrong with black?"

"Nothing." Clarke shook her head. "It's just so...so - I don't know how else to describe it, but - dark."

"Okay...well, What's your favorite color?" He asked her.

"White." Clarke answered, and shrugged.

"White?" Bellamy shook his head. "That's not even a color, it's the ab-"

"-absence of color." Clarke completed his sentence with a bland tone.

"Wow. Look at how smart you are." Bellamy smirked.

"I've heard it 1,000 times." Clarke said, clearly exaggerating.

"Well, now that we know each other's favorite colors. Is there any other good questions?"

"Umm." Clarke took a second to think. "Uh. Favorite food?"

"Ooo. That's easy. Pizza, just cheese pizza." Bellamy announced. "What's yours?"

"I like pizza, too. I just prefer pepperoni pizza." Clarke told him.

"Pepperoni pizza? That's disgusting." Bellamy scrunched up his noise.

"What? It's delicious." Clarke argued.

"Whatever you need to tell yourself." Bellamy told her, still driving on the freeway.

"What's your favorite candy?" Clarke questioned.

"I don't have one." Bellamy told her.

"What?!" Clarke burst out in shock.

"I just don't like all that sugary stuff, it's not any good for you."

"But, it tastes good." Clarke added.

Bellamy shrugged. "I don't know, I guess."

"You guess?" Clarke repeated him, still surprised. "How could you not like candy?"

"Because it's too sugery." Bellamy answered, shaking his head. "What's your favorite candy?"

"Starbursts." Clarke answered immediately.

"I've never even heard of them." Bellamy said, not familiar with may candies.

"Have you been living in a box your whole life?"

Bellamy, getting a kick out of her reaction, thought of a question he needed to ask her. "Okay. I got a question for you."

"Ask away." Clarke told him.

"Why did you agree to come with me?"

"Well, that's not a fun question." Clarke said, blandly as she slouched into the seat.

"I mean, I just wanna know why." Bellamy paused. "But, you don't have to tell me. I was ju-"

"I don't wanna be alone." Clarke answered, honestly and as quick as possible.

Bellamy nodded slowly, not having much of a response to her answer. "We should go and get some gas." Bellamy finally said something as he pulled off the freeway and stopped at a Seven-eleven gas station. "I'm uh I'll be back." Bellamy got out of the car and walked into the gas station.
_______

Clarke watched Bellamy enter the gas station. She looked around, but didn't see much, everything was pretty empty. There was an old and dusty road, and Clarke even saw a tumble weed.

Where are we? Was all Clarke said not think about.

Clarke looked back at the shop waiting for Bellamy to come back. She sighed, slouching down in her seat.
_________

Bellamy looked around the store, searching for anything useful. His eyes fell on a map. A thin smile came to his lips as he walked over to it. He got the map in hand and then looked around, to see a worker a few feet away from him. Slowly, Bellamy walked away, bringing the map with him. Bellamy slyly folded up the map and suck it into his pocket.

Bellamy scanned the room, wondering if there was anything else worth taking. His eyes fell on a candy, Clarke's favorite kind of candy, Starbursts.

"Okay, Princess, what's your favorite kind of candy?"

Bellamy had to fight a huge smirk that desired to come to his lips as he looked to Clarke. Her bright blue eyes sparkling, her blonde hair in gentle yet frizzy curls.

"Starbursts." She answered him with a small smile, causing one to over come his face.

He looked around and once he was very pleased with the fact that no one was in sight, he quickly shoved the candy into his pocket, and waked out the door.