Chapter 6

That day I noticed Jack wasn't in first period. I was worried about him because normally he always texts me if he's gonna be gone. So I decided after this class finished, I would drive to Jack's house to check on him and just skip math, no one actually cares about stupid formulas we'd never have to actually use after high school.

Once the dismissal bell rang. I jumped out my seat headed toward the gym. Then I walked down the stairwell and out the backdoors so I wouldn't get caught.

I ran to my black Jeep and quickly drove out the parking lots.

When I got to Jack's house, I saw him stomping out of his house. Even from my car I could tell he was pissed.

"What's wrong?" I asked walking over to him.

When he was to angry to respond I decided to pull him into a hug.

"Hey, it's gonna be okay," I assured him.

"Take some deep breaths." I tried encourage. "Here let's drive somewhere else and you can tell me what happened."

"I don't have enough time," his voice said cracking, "I found out last night my dad got into a crash and now I have to get on a plane so I can go to his funeral, and my mom isn't even coming" Jack kept rambling.

"Wait what?" I asked confused.

"Can you just come with me? I already bought two tickets and I don't wanna go alone," Jack said pleadingly.

"I'll ask," I answered still shocked.

"Okay but the plane leaves in 2 hours so we will have to hurry to your house, pack and then rush to the airport."

____

I eventually I convinced my mom to let me go which was difficult because she kept focusing on the part about me skipping school, but she agreed because Jack is like family and she knows he needs support. Jack and I were currently frantically throwing everything we thought we might need in a suitcase.

"Toothpaste?" Jack said running through a check list.

"Check," I responded.

"Shoes?"

"Mhmm," I replied again. "Actually can you check my closet to see if I packed my converse."

He walked over to my closet and started digging around to find them when he busted out laughing. Which was odd because of how upset he just was. Then he turned around smirking. This can't be good.

"Who is this for?" He asked pulling a black lace thong out from behind his back.

"Not you," I said snatching it out of this hands, my face turning bright red with embarrassment.

"I thought you said we had no time to waste." I snapped changing the subject.

"Sheesh chill," he laughed.

"Just grab that black dress and let's go," I demanded still humiliated after what just happened.