On that 'GRIM' Night...

Dedicated to legend_of_nerdiness for voting on all chapters of 'TGIB' and being her cute self!! :)

CAUTION: Slightly unedited.

PLZ VOTE + COMMENT + SHARE >>>

________

David stormed out of the room, even more furious than he had been previously. Why did every meeting with the girl end up in heated arguments? He just couldn't get his brain to comprehend the riddle that she was. The girl was hopeless to talk to, and it was better that he banged his head in a wall, rather than go crazy getting nowhere near making her aware of the intensity of the danger she was in. 

Well, whatever may happen, he had made up his mind now. At first, he wasn't really sure if it was actually a good idea. But now, going away seemed the best thing to do. Maybe, she would feel something for him at the close of the mystery, if ever it closed. It was surprising, how she had revealed so much about herself! And Dave had betrayed no emotion, in the anticipation that something more might come. But he'd had to satisfy himself with whatever she disclosed. It was a lot to give away though, by someone who was painfully reserved all the time.

He dumped his coat and tie in the car as he got in, deciding to go to only one place in particular, and that was... his father's residence. It was ironic how his words had come true in less than twenty-four hours, and Dave very well knew he'd have a hard time coping with all his sneering comments in the moments to come. Nevertheless, he repaired his way to the place he had taken his leave from in such haste, just the night before. He killed the engines of his car the minute he reached the front door, not caring to ask one of the servants to look after it this time.

David got inside without knocking even once, and seeing Meredith, the housekeeper, he asked, "Oh, hello, Aunt Edith. I hope you're well." Edith, or Meredith, was more than twice his age, and like a mother figure to Dave. She had assumed the role of his mom, when his mother had died, leaving a devastated twelve-year-old behind her to cope with the cruelty of this world, all alone. He'd always called her 'aunt', no matter the difference between their stations in life. "Have you seen my dad? Is he sleeping? If he is, don't bother to announce my presence. I'll talk to him when he wakes up."

"Good evening, Master Walworth—err... Dave," she greeted, forgetting to call him by his first name, again. "I'm good, thank you. Your father's in his room, and no, he isn't sleeping. I served him some coffee and toast a few minutes ago. He was feeling rather down today, as was expected because of the weather. I was actually going to give him his pills just now," the gaunt middle-aged woman answered, as she climbed up the stairs with a tray in her hand. 

"Then, give me that. I'll take it from here, okay. You can go," Dave assured her, taking the tray of medications from her hands. "Oh, alright, my boy. But make sure that you give him half a dose from the one that has a yellow wrapping. I tend to forget their names, they are so difficult." "Don't worry, I will," he replied, amused.

When the Walworth Jr. knocked on his father's door this time round, he heard a feeble "come in" from the inside. Michael Walworth was lying in his bed, his eyes closed, and his tray of unfinished food lying on the table beside him. "Hey dad, it's me, David," he slowly spoke, and the elder Walworth opened his eyes in a flash. He sat up straight in his bed, and indicated him to sit on the chair beside him. "How come you're back so soon?"