Chapter 5

I invited Scott over to my house after school today because I have a favor to ask. "Scott can you do something for me? " I sat on my bed and Scott was leaning on the door way. "Of course, what is it? " He finally came over to sit next to me. "Can you look at me with your eyes? Your other eyes.." I nervously looked at him as he closed his eyes and opened them. His face looks surprised. "What is it? What do you see? " "It's nothing..You're fine Ki " He held my hands and smiled at me. That was odd, I could've sworn he looked even scared at that moment. "Are you sure? Please be honest to me, Scott." I'm trying to get him to really tell me what he saw. "I told you, you seem fine. Don't worry, you're normal. " He gave me a slight smile and leaned in to kiss me. I felt hesitant at first because I feel like he's lying to me but his touch made me weak. I kissed him back. 

We lay down on my bed and he went over to my side, wrapping his arms around me. I whispered to him " Thank you Scott, for always being there for me and helping me since the first day I met you. " I believed him when he said nothing was wrong with me because now that I think about it. He would never lie to me, that isn't like Scott. "Always" I felt Scott giving small pecks on my neck and I turned over to face him and gave him a long, deserving hug to him. To show him that I will always be there for him like he is always there for me.  

Scott's POV

I felt like my stomach was sinking. I shouldn't have lied to Kira, she won't forgive me for this...especially since something is really wrong with her. I saw her aura, it was like horrific. It looked like Kira was in no control of herself and taking over her. I don't know...I don't want her to worry about this. My job is to keep everyone safe so I won't let anything happen to her. But I need to ask someone for help...I need to talk to Theo. I can't tell the pack this because they will tell Kira. I trust Theo, he's always willing to help so why not? 

I texted Theo to come over to my place. "I need to ask you something" "Yeah go for it" Theo sat down while Scott was roaming back and forth in his room. "Do you know anything about Kitsunes? " Theo calmly answers "I've done some research here and there but why?" "Kira is a Kitsune but something is wrong with her. She breaks every light bulb she touches, everywhere she goes near any electricity the lights flicker out of control, her aura looks way bigger than ever and it looks like it taking over her...she isn't in control Theo. " Theo stood up and was now facing Scott. "Has she been having lack of sleep? " "Yeah she is " "I could be wrong but it seems like her fox spirit is trying to be independent. It was to consume all of her and leave no control to Kira. The fox inside her is controlling her Scott. She could be dangerous, to all of us. " Scott looks terrified at Theo's comment. "Can we help her? " I said, hoping there is a solution to this. That's all I'm worried about right now. "I'm not sure, foxes can be very powerful. Foxes and Wolves don't get along so well. If her fox spirit attacks us, there can be a fatal conclusion to this. " No no, this can't be happening. Kira would never hurt me in any way. She won't.. " We can trust Kira right? The real her.." I asked with hope. "Don't trust a fox scott..they are tricksters. Kira could be there but then who knows because foxes like to play games. " I look at Theo in disbelief. "I trust her. I trust Kira. I don't care if the fox is taking over her, we have to help her. " I said with confidence. 

Kira's POV

Ever since Scott told me that there's nothing wrong with me, I sighed in relief. I knew that all these "small" issues are not a big deal. I was probably too worried that I let it take the best of me. I trust Scott. 

I was at school and suddenly Theo went up to me. "Hey Kira, you doing fine lately?" He smiled. I am still suspicious of Theo..I looked at him like he was odd. "Uh yeah, I'm fine. You?" "Great. So Scott told me about your aura. Aren't you worried? " I gave him a confused look. "What do you mean?" I started to get nervous..."Oh it's nothing. He said it was fine, I was just checking up on you. So i'll see you later. " Theo said it like it was no big deal but then he gave me a smile before leaving. This guy is so weird, definitely won't trust him. But what does he mean? I was deep in my thoughts til Malia called my name across the hall and ran towards me. "Hey kira, you doing okay?" Why is everyone asking if I'm okay lately? " Yeah I'm doing fine, what makes you wonder that? " I ask her, not to sound rude. "Just checking up on you, you know..because of all of the dread doctor situation. You read the book, didn't you? Like everyone else did? " She gave me a concern look. " Uh what? yeah yeah I did. Did you experience anything Malia? " I lied. A few days ago, Malia found the book on the dead doctors and we agree to all read it by this weekend but I don't know why because I can't read it. The words all become blurry when I scanned through the pages. I figured it's because of the lack of sleep I've been having. Later on, i was wide awake and I tried to read it again. It was still blurry..the words all moved at once. It's impossible to learn about the dread doctors if I can't read the book. "Nope. Nothing has happened yet. Well I'll catch you up during lunch, gotta go Kira. Bye!" Malia ran off to class and she looked nervous. Oh well, hasn't everyone been odd lately. 

After school, I was in my room studying. I was concentrated on the paper but suddenly my vision went blurry. I shook my head and rubbed my eyes to see if it can help. The blurred vision stopped. Shrugging it off, I continued to study my review for the AP biology test tomorrow. The page went blurry again and I lift my head up to look around my room, everything was moving. There was a mirror on my wall and I looked on it and my eyes started to glow. I saw a black shadow behind me and then my vision went black.