Chapter 3 - Upside Down

It had occurred to (Name) that she couldn't simply lead him back to his room, she had absolutely no idea where it was. In an attempt to be somewhat dignified, she led him to the infirmary to have his bandages changed.

As this was happening, Aomine stared at (Name), who was staring at the doctor changing his bandages.

"You got a blood fetish or something?", he grunted at her.

(Name) jumped a little, but soon smiled, not taking her eyes off of the doctor's gentle hands.

"I'm considering going into medical school and every bit helps."

Just as Aomine was about to open his mouth to reply, the doctor spoke up,"Medical school, huh?", she smiled,"You can come over here and get some hands-on practice if you'd like. His cuts aren't too bad."

In no time, (Name) had washed her hands and sat next down to the friendly doctor, ready to bandage some feet.

"O-Oi! Don't I get a say in all this?", Aomine was suddenly very uncomfortable and began to squirm in his chair.

"Nope. Now sit still.", the friendly doctor hummed and started to talk (Name) through the process.

Soon, (Name) was gently wrapping bandages around Aomine's feet, completely focused. It was only when she finished and looked up, did she realize how awkward it was for him. She vaguely wondered why; it was just bandages.

"Well done!", the doctor chirped and pushed the two teens out the door.

~~~

Neither (Name), nor Aomine, spoke a word, although their eyes said plenty to those who would be hypothetically observing.

Aomine's eyes kept returning to (Name)'s hands, he couldn't get the feeling of her gentle touch out of his head, even if it was only on his feet and ankles. On second thought, that was almost embarrassing. His feet weren't exactly the Versailles of feet. Who was this girl?

(Name), on the other hand, was looking at everything except Aomine. She was so entranced by her "studies" that she didn't even consider it was awkward or a big deal. That is, until she saw his face.

"So, uh...", she stammered out,"Can you walk on your hands still?"

He turned to her, momentarily snapped out of his trance, "... yeah."

"Oh, uh, okay. I'll see you around, I guess.", she gave a slight wave and turned around.

"Wait.", he called out to her; His voice was unusually soft and curious.

(Name) turned once again,"Hm?"

"Did you see... Where you there when I broke the hoop?"

"Oh, uh, yeah. Why?", that was such a random question to ask, (Name) thought. 

Aomine paused, he still wasn't really sure why he cared. Maybe it was her that he felt looking at him? He probably sounded so weird to her right now.

He took a deep breath, "It was you.", he stated simply.

"Huh?", oh god, she tilted her head in the cutest way.

"Urk... How do I say this.... I felt you looking at me... And talking to you... I don't know... I just... ARGH!... Um, can I talk to you more?"

(Name) couldn't believe it, this slightly-perverted, arrogant (or so she'd heard), giant of a person, was a bumbling mess in front of her.

A little awestruck herself, she mumbled a small, "Um, yeah. How about over dinner tonight?"

Aomine visibly recovered some confidence,"You may have to bring it to my room, I only have so many more handstands in me, and besides, I need to save my strength." He delivered that last sentence with a wink.

(Name) laughed, "Is that so? I don't think I'm ready for that just yet, cowboy. I'll just hold your feet so you can make it to the dining room. What would a training camp be if we didn't actually train?", she smiled evilly.

Aomine grinned and retorted, "Since you love touching my feet so much."