My Hat

28th. YES!! YOU'RE SEEING IT RIGHT. IT'S AN UPDATE!!!! Yaaaaaaay!! I hope you're happy because I'm happy too!! I'm glad to be back! Looks like I have a lot of explaining to do... Huhuhu. 😭 I really miss Wattpad esp. because I almost forgot my passwords on every social media account that I created.. I also can't believe that I still accessed this account. Omg. And don't worry one bit! I have the plot of this story intact in my phone. ^_^

------------------------------

Felice's P.O.V.

I woke up early because I wanted to have enough time to prepare for the first task. I'm not the one competing but.. it won't hurt to look good too right?

Especially when you have to look good in front of someone and show him what he's missing.

Aaaand that's my inner self butting in through my early morning thoughts.

And by the way, what she said was a lie.

Sighing, I got up and fixed myself. It took me about 30 minutes to finish styling my hair because I kind of braided it before pulling it up into a ponytail.

I adjusted my glasses, put on my hat, and straightened my skirt as I checked myself in front of a mirror.
.
.
.
I think I look good. ^_^

Now I'm starting to sound like a narcissist.
.
.
.
.
I left my room to have breakfast. At least, there were lots of students having breakfast before everybody else stormed to the arena.

After breakfast, I left and headed to the arena. I was surprised to see that there were already a bunch of students occupying the seats and they looked very anxious, nervous, and excited all at once.

Before settling down with my fellow schoolmates, I headed to the nearby tent where the champions were staying. I peeked in and called Fleur's attention.

She saw me and she greeted me with a smile but it didn't hide the uneasiness that she's feeling.

"Good luck!!! It'll be okay. I know you can do it!! Just believe in yourself." I said to her.

"Merci beaucoup." She said as she gave me a warm smile and pulled me into a hug.

"We believe in you. Whatever happens, it's okay. Really." I said as we broke the hug, giving her a reassuring look.

I then waved goodbye and headed back to the arena.

It was about to start so I hurried to the top but there was this gust of wind that decided to blow at this particular moment, blowing away my hat.

"Oh no! My hat." I frantically said as I turned to the direction where it was blown away.

I walked through a swarm of people who were going here and there in the arena, hoping that somebody caught it before it flew to who knows where.
.
.
"Are you looking for this?" Said a quite familiar voice behind me.

I turned around to see the owner of the voice and smiled when I saw who it was. Or maybe I should say, who I thought it was.

"Thank you very much, -" I started to say but the smile on my face started to fade when I realized that it wasn't Fred..

Something told me that he wasn't Fred.

... And something told me that this was going to be awkward.

Yep, it was him.

It has to be him.
.
.
.
I then realized that I was in the middle of saying something but I just didn't know what to say, so...

I looked at him.

I then looked down and said,
"Ummmm..."

I looked at him again.

I turned my back to him, took a deep breath, and turned around again to face him. (Gosh, maybe I looked like a fool.)

"As I was saying, thank you very much for, uhh, retrieving my hat." I said as kindly as possible with a smile.

"No problem. I'm glad to help." He said with a smile.

So..... We kind of smiled at each other for about two minutes.. Maybe because I felt awkward to say anything and he has nothing more to say.

"Umm.. Can I have it back?" I said, deciding to break the awkward silence.

(Not so silence, though, as the crowd around us was very noisy.)

"Oh. Yeah, sure." He said as he gave me back my hat.

I took it from him and I wasn't sure if I should just run the heck out of here or thank him again for the nth time... So I decided to say a little 'Thank you.' again before running away from there.

On my way to where my friends were, I kept on asking the wind, in French, that why on Earth does it have to be him who caught my hat.

Because you're meant to be with each other!

Aaaand that's my inner self talking. Don't mind her.. She's not telling the truth.

"Attention everyone!"

Aaaand that's the cue that the First Task is going to begin.

------------------------------
Did you guys miss me? If yes, then, I missed you too!! If no, then, you can go on with your life. Bye.... Just kidding!! To all those who are still reading my story, thank you very much for holding on and for waiting patiently!! Really, thank you! I really missed everyone from wattpad!! I'm trying to think of ways to make it up to you despite my busy schedule (please forgive me). And, did you like the update or nah? I think nah... And I'm so sorry for that!! I'll try my best to update again (hopefully) next week. I felt guilty seeing all your comments asking for an update! Waaaah. Votes, comments, and a little motivation are very much appreciated! 😊 Thanksssss.

~Feliceeeeeeeee