Awkward

So here I was, in the living room with my neighbours watching them play the X-box, play fight, pile on and swear at the TV (Sammy and Kina were in bed).

I sat in the corner of the sofa curled in a ball with my headphones on and a book in my hands. I was so intrigued in the book I nearly wet myself when a pillow hit my head.

“Hey!”

“Stop being anti-social!” Jake said

“Yeah, and playing X-box and shouting at a game is social?”

He glowered

“Alright, alright, but you know I’m gonna beat’cho.”

I held my hand out and he chucked a remote at me, and keeping to my word beat them making them groan.

“What music you into?” Ace asked sitting next to me, getting his i-pod out.

I took my i-pod out, I asked Jake to pass me the wire to connect to the T.V. yeah it was about 11 o’clock but Kina had this room sound proofed.

I started playing “Escape the Fate-Situations” and they looked at me and nodded in appreciation, then I started “Finch-What it is to burn.” It starts soft and goes into a really loud scream, they were bobbing to the first but and looked at me in confusion as I turned the volume up and but my hands over my ears.

“SHE BURNS!” I screamed along to the deafening music.

I was laughing at their shock, I turned it down whilst silently laughing. I put on “Animals-Nickelback” which is quite a dirty song making them look at me in shock whilst I sang the words along, and then “S.E.X-Nickelback”

“S is for the simple need, E is for the ecstasy and X is just the mark the spot ‘cause that’s the one you really want.” I sang along making them raise eyebrows.

“L, is for the way you look at me, O is for the only one I see, V is very very, extra-ordinary, E is even more than anyone that you adore.”

Nat King Cole rang through the room, the old music making the boys give me sceptical looks.

“Does that answer your question?” I said turning to Ace

“You like…everything?”

“Yeah, ‘cept too much rap, but in general yeah.”

Ace looked through my I-pod but accidently locked it and asked for my passcode.

“0211” I told him

“Does it mean anything?” he asked me.

I faltered, did it? Then I remembered

“It’s…my brothers birthday.” I explained

There was a silence before I asked if we could watch a movie. They gave devilish grins and found a grotesque horror, they called Drew and Luke who were still awake, they were now staying the night. Super. I don’t think Kina minds as long as they keep quiet and tidy up after themselves.

I snuggled in the corner and called my dogs up (they were staying with me!) I grabbed a pillow and decided I wanted a duvet, I went upstairs to get the duvet off of “my bed” which is in the room I was now staying in.

I skipped downstairs and saw that the lights in the T.V room were off, I frowned and went inside, it was pitch black, I tried the hall light, that worked so why not the T.V room? I clicked it a few times, I got my phone out and shone it up. There was no bulb.

Slam, I turned, the door had been shut, they were trying to scare me, well, they’ve got something coming.

I dropped to the ground and crawled around cautiously, I left my duvet where I dropped it and listened as I moved, I heard breathing close to my face, I shuffled back and put my back against the back of the sofa. I knew where one person was, I knew someone was near the door, so where were the others? I silently crawled to the other side of the room listening out, I would occasionally hear someone shift their weight, waiting for me to bump into them. I picked up a pillow and threw it in the direction of the breathing person by the sofa.