five

i got so upset and emotionally invested in writing this one like i got sad over a fictional piece of writing guys fuck // five

it was a week later. 

luke was eating lunch in the library, as usual. luke'd made a deal with the lady who ran the library that if she let me eat in here, luke'd go and get her some pizza every friday when she's supposed to be working. things were going great. 

that was, until ashton decided he needed to print out his essay for english and then catch up with his friends in the lunch room when he finished. luke was scooping some bland mashed potatoes into his mouth when the tan boy strutted in, though the younger of the two didn't notice at first. ashton, however, saw luke immediately.

he sat down at one of the computers, making sure he could keep his eyes on the younger boy while printing out his essay. ashton watched luke take a bite of a fish stick before making the cutest face and grimacing, shoving the tray away from him. luke stuck his tongue out in disgust, and ashton found it endearing. he quickly printed out his paper and logged off the computer before making his way over to the lonely boy. 

"hey," ashton spoke as he sat down, and luke jumped. his cheeks immediately filled with color and ashton noticed, smiling. "you're blushing." 

luke bit his lip and looked down at his fingers. "hi, ashton," he mumbled. 

"what are those marks on your cheek?" ashton frowned, subconsciously reaching up and holding luke's chin, tilting his face towards him. there were faint little marks from the incident, but overall it was just scabbing over and it'd go away soon. 

"oh, i fell off my skateboard," the younger boy shrugged. "it was after you left, i was on my way to calum's house and i don't know." 

ashton started to feel guilty. "i'm sorry for running out on you," he muttered, looking down at the clean print of his essay to distract himself from looking into luke's blue eyes. "i've got some things going on at home and it was just an accident that i spent the night. i'll make it up to you sometime. oh, wait! how about you come with me and some of the guys from the team to dinner after the game on friday?" 

oh, right. of course he played football. of course, ashton, the hot ass senior boy who looked like he should be on the cover of vogue or something, played on the school's football team. luke flushed even redder. 

"okay . . ." he mumbled, looking at ashton nervously. 

when luke agreed, ashton broke out into the biggest smile, all teeth and dimples. "how about i text you after the game and we can meet up?" he said, and luke nodded, maybe too eagerly. "oh, by the way, how are you?" 

that caught luke off guard. "i'm - i'm fine. calum's been keeping an extra eye on me lately, so i've been distracted from my head," he said, though his mind was just making words he didn't quite understand himself. ashton looked pleased to hear that, and luke started feeling giddy by the fact that him feeling okay satisfied ashton. he cared. 

"who's calum?" ashton asked, and almost as if it were on cue, calum walked into the library, looking around like a lost puppy. luke didn't respond, only pointing at the tan boy making his way  over. "oh." 

calum sat down. "i've got, like, five minutes, luke. got the lavatory pass just barely," he breathed, almost out of breath from going up the stairs from his third period class on the first floor. ashton watched calum carefully, which made the dark haired boy a little uncomfortable. luke introduced the two of them to each other. "oh, so this is ashton." 

ashton raised his eyebrows as he glanced at luke. "i've gotta' get going," he said, amusement strung through his voice as luke looked horrified by calum humiliating him. "i'll text you the details, luke." he winked before leaving the library altogether, leaving luke to gesture wildly at calum.