Chapter 1: Last Practice

You sat with your back to the wall, beaming as they finished practicing Save Rock and Roll. As soon as they hit the last chord you immediately started clapping. Patrick smiled at you and hopped down from the little stage you had fashioned in Pete's garage. You had practiced here since the band started, the guys were as close as family to you. Pete and Joe jumped off the stage as well and began tuning their instruments. Andy put away his drumsticks and sat across from you in the little circle you'd all made.

"That was amazing, guys! You're totally going to rock it on your tour." You piped up.

All the boys looked around at each-other. Suspicious, but you decided to keep talking.

"I just mean, I can't believe this is going to be our last practice before I don't see you for two months..." You looked around for any sort of reaction from your audience.

"Well, actu-" Pete began.

Patrick cut him off with an exaggerated 'cut it out' motion. Once you turned toward him, his arms dropped down into his lap and he gave you the most unconvincing smile you'd ever seen.

You raised your eyebrows at Andy and Joe, questioning. They shared a look and Andy looked down when all of a sudden-

Joe leaped up, "Why can't we just tell her already?!"

"What? Tell me what?" You looked around in exasperation.

Everyone turned to Patrick.

"Well?" You asked.

Patrick let out a long sigh, "First of all, I hate you guys."

Pete let out a short laugh before covering his mouth.

"Second of all, we thought that... Since you're our best friend and that..." He licked his lips nervously, "you've never even been to one of our concerts..."

"Just spit it out!" Andy butted in.

"You'd wanna go on tour with us." He finished quickly.

You sat there for a moment, not really realizing what happened. Everyone leaned in to try and discern your reaction to the offer.

The room was completely silent until a small blurb of speech exited your mouth.

"Yes," you said quietly at first.

Everyone sat completely still.

"Yes," Louder this time. "Oh my god yes!" You erupted, a giant smile spread across your face.

You practically jumped to tackle Patrick with a hug, he took it as a surprise at first but then tightly wrapped his arms around you. You then proceeded to do the same to each of his bandmates, ending with Joe who was sat on your right.

"So, you'll go then?" Pete joked as you sat back on the ground.

"Are you kidding me? This, my friends, is going to be the best summer ever."

Of course, you had a million questions and the boys didn't fail to answer even one.

They explained that there was an extra bunk on the bus where you could stay, all the stops they were going to make, what other bands were going on the tour (P!atD + 21p).

"The bus will be parked in an empty lot near Joe's house so we'll all meet there next Monday," Andy clarified.

A buzz came from your phone, "Ugh, sorry guys... I gotta go. My favorite show's going to be on in the next fifteen minutes."

You stood up brushing your pants off.

Patrick's POV

I stood up along with her, as if to walk her out. Joe, Pete, and Andy did the same.

"But I'll see you guys on Monday," she promised.

She walked towards the door leading out of the garage, she put her hand on the doorknob then turned back.

"I can't wait..." She said softly.

Then she left to walk back to her own house.

Pete nudged me in the shoulder, "So... Do you still have a thing for her then?"

"What? Shut up." I rolled my eyes going back to pack up my guitar.

"I mean come on, before we split up you had a little bit of a gigantic crush on her," Joe joined in.

"Crush? What is this, high school?"
I argued, not wanting to give a straight answer.

"Patrick, we all saw how you blushed when she hugged you." Andy pointed out.

I could feel my face turning red once again, "Shut up..."

I walked out the door, slightly smiling at the memory of her hug.

(A/N: Hope you enjoyed the first chapter of this story, I will inform you right now that Patrick and the reader don't get together for quite a bit so if you like/want to sit through some 'friendship with the band' and 'implied Patrick x Reader' beforehand.)