“Because of everything you just told me,” She replied.

            “Oh, that, yes I’m fine,” I said. “I promise.” I added once I saw the look on her face.

            We got into a taxi and headed down to Fifth Avenue. As guardians, we could afford whatever we wanted because there was basically an unlimited amount of money available to us. I had no idea how Elder got it but each month there was a deposit of $50,000 into every guardians bank account.

            “Where do you want to go first?” I asked Casey.

            Casey looked down the seemingly endless stores. “Gucci.”

            “Fantastic choice,” I smiled. “Gucci it is.”

            I paid the taxi driver and hopped out of the taxi behind Casey. I eyed the Gucci store and walked towards it with fierce determination. I was going to drown out my problems with a girl’s best friend, shopping. Or maybe that was diamonds. Oh well, I was going to spend loads of money.

            “Are you coming, Sarah?” Casey asked. She was a few feet ahead of me and had turned back. I realized that I had stopped to think.

            I smiled. “Of course. Let’s get spending.” I followed Casey into the store.

            Eight hours later, Casey and I returned to headquarters with enough bags to make any hardcore shopper gawk. We collapsed on the chairs on the main floor.

            “We sure got a lot of stuff,” I commented, looking at my nine bags.

            Casey looked at her seven large bags and one Tiffany & Co. blue bag. She had bought herself a diamond necklace. It was gorgeous.

            “Can I see the necklace again?” I asked Casey.

            “Sure,” She smiled and began pulling it out of its bag. She stopped and looked to her left. “Sarah, Elder’s here.” She nodded towards the oldest guardian who had just walked into the foyer. He was talking to another guardian, Blake.

            “Okay,” I stood up and took a deep breath. I walked over to where Elder was standing. When he saw me, he ended his conversation with Blake.

            “Sarah, how are you?” Elder asked.

            “I’m doing all right,” I answered.

            “How is your assignment?” Elder asked.

            “That’s actually what I came here to speak with you about,” I replied.

            “What’s the problem?” Elder asked.

            “I know this is asking a lot, but I’d like to have Connor Duncan reassigned. We just really aren’t a good fit,” I replied.

            Elder looked at me for a few minutes. My heart rate sped up with each passing moment.

            “Okay,” He finally said.

            “Okay?” I asked surprised.

            “Yes, if this is what you really want, then okay,” Elder replied. “I’ll have him reassigned. I’ll find him for you later and then you can go and tell him.”

            “All right, thank you,” I replied.

            “I’ll find you later once I’ve tracked him down,” Elder replied. “Have a good day, Sarah.”