19. Salt Meets Wound

[VOTE and COMMENT if you want Spencan to stay together forever and ever and ever....]

Arc 2; Chapter 19 "Salt Meets Wound."

Satellites – Beyoncé

Spencer's POV

"January 2nd, 2013."

The line fell dead. Almost as silent, achingly calm and lifeless as my dark room. "Damn." Karla mumbled, "That's pretty close."

"You're telling me." I scoffed, "It's the third week in September, school just started and I already have crap to worry about."

She sighed from the other side of the line, "I'm sorry I couldn't be there to eat comfort food with you."

I rolled my eyes. "I could use a double banana split and some soapy ass teen-drama right now."

"Call Abbs, I'm sure she's feeling pretty lonely right now since I left."

I snorted, "Abby's too busy having steamy girl on girl intercourse with her hot brunette girlfriend to be upset."

"Ouch." Karla laughed, "At least one of us is getting some."

I snorted, "You're in college, you're beautiful and feisty, I'm sure you're Queen of the sluts by now."

I could taste her eye roll on the other line. "Speaking of queens and sluts, how is Ethan taking the news?"

"Well, I would have to tell him first."

"Spencer."

"Oh, don't give me that tone, missy. You try telling your boyfriend who is still currently sporting a cast that you're moving away forever."

She huffed, "Why didn't you tell him when you were talking to him in the hospital like you said?"

"He was drugged up." I responded, "I didn't want to have to tell him and them hope that he remembered when he woke back up. One time explaining things to him is enough."

"Well you better hurry up and tell him while there is a lot of time left." She scolded, and if I was honest with myself, she was right to. "You don't want January 1st to come around and you tell him that you're leaving in a day or two. At least this way you have a good long semester with one another."

I was about to respond to her criticism but someone yelled in the background and Karla fell silent. I took a few brief seconds before I decided to finally speak up, "Karly, you still there?"

She took a minute, "Spence," she sighed, "I've got to go."

I frowned and sat on my bed, "We've barley been talking ten minutes." I reminded her with as much of a sure guilt inducing tone I could possibly muster up.

"I know." She grumbled, "College is almost as much of a bitch as my chemistry lab partner." She whined. "Talk to you later?"

I huffed. "Fine. Bye." She didn't even say it back before she hung up the phone. "Bitch much?" I mumbled and hung up my end the line.

"Spence, let's roll!" Ethan called from downstairs.

Sighing outwardly, I jumped off of the bed and headed downstairs where my bags and the others stood near the door.

Ethan, still sporting his leg cast and singular crutch, flailed his arms in the air once I came into view. "Finally! You took only forever!"

Abby rolled her eyes and her brown eyesd, tall and brunette girlfriend – who I've learnt name is Tanya – snickered.