Chapter 3

Aren't you guys proud of me? :) I finally uploaded! I'm really sorry for the delay I just didn't think that anyone really liked my story, so i didn't really see the need to upload, but some people convinced to continue it so here you go! I hope you enjoy it ( i  know its short... the next one will be longer, i promise.) 

Shane turned and looked at me. We made eye contact for a couple seconds before I broke it and turned back to the dancing. Don’t get me wrong I loved those blue eyes of his, but I didn’t want to fall even deeper than I already was by looking into his eyes. The person who was dancing then stopped and everyone clapped for them. Then out of nowhere everyone started chanting Shane! Shane! Shane! He smiled and laughed as he walked up to dance. I was turning to talk to Hope and Sophie when Shane turned around and glanced back at me. That was it I needed to do something else because when he kept looking at me like that it brought back memories and feelings that I didn’t want to feel again. Hope and Sophie finally took notice of me trying to get their attention and asked me if I wanted to do something else as they were both getting bored.

“Yes” I replied sighing a breath of relief as we walked out of the room

It was now 8:30; 30 minutes until my group had to get in and swim. We had just finished eating and we had no idea what we wanted to do for the remaining time we had until we swam. I offered up the idea of watching a movie, but since we didn’t have that much time there would be no point in starting a movie. The 3 of us decided that we should just talk. The time went by fast after we had decided what we wanted to do and in no time at all it was time for us to swim.

(I could tell you about the swim practice, but you might not understand the lingo and it wasn’t that interesting so there’s not really much to tell)

            After I had gotten out of the pool and dried off I then changed back into some shorts and a t-shirt keeping my hair in its messy bun. When I got back into the main room I found that my group and the National group had started watching Toy Story 3 (one of my faves) I had been thinking about going to take a nap but instead I sat down and started to watch the movie.

            You know the saying time flies when you’re having fun? Well, that’s exactly what happened to me. I was enjoying watching the movie with Hope and Sophie when before I knew it the Elite group was starting to come back in and the National group was leaving to go swim, meaning that Shane’s group was back.

I quickly and discreetly glance around looking for Shane. Then I saw him and he looked as if he was headed towards me. Turns out, he was. He walked straight up to me and asked

            “Can I sit here?”

My mouth hung open a few seconds before I slowly nodded yes. Shane and I hadn’t been this close in a long time I thought as he sat down very close to me and as he did my heart was pounding like crazy. I tried to pretend like I was watching the movie, but it was hopeless; I couldn’t concentrate knowing that Shane was right there. He must have noticed that I was semi freaking out by him sitting there because the next couple minutes we sat there in awkward silence until he spoke up.

“So…” he started

I turned my head a little ways and glanced up at him

“How have you been?” he questioned

“Pretty good” I replied casually

“How about you? How have you been?”

“Good, pretty good” he answered slowly as if thinking while he said it.

He then looked me in the eyes and asked

“What happened between us Thalia? We used to talk all the time and we’ve barely said one word to each other in the past year and I just want to know what happened to us?”

I could not believe him. As calmly as I could I responded back

“Excuse me? What?”

“ I was asking if you knew what happened between us?” he repeated stuttering and nervous because he could tell that I was upset, but I wasn’t just upset I was freaking mad.

“I texted you last year and ask you what happened! I tried to talk to you! I really did try and the fact that you didn’t even seem to care that we had stopped talking made me give up on you and give up on us ever talking or being friends again!” I whisper yelled now really close to tears

 I got up from the floor as quickly as possible and started to walk back to the karate room passing Hope and Sophie along the way telling them that I was going to take a nap for a little while. Walking out of the room I saw Shane stare sadly in my direction but at this point I just wanted to be somewhere else and I didn’t care if he was hurt because I had been hurting for a lot longer and he didn’t deserve to see me cry.

Sooo? What did you think? Again I know its short the next one will be longer and I also promise that in the next one we will get into the romance! Anyway comment, feedback, criticize, vote, whatever you wanna do! :) thanks for reading!