Waffles...

Waffles is the orange Maine Coon above~ I do not own any pictures!!! Got this off google images!!!!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Forrest

I led the way back to our meeting place by the boulder, and from then on Axel led us to his place. We were walking on the side-walk and people were rarely seen. I was fuming with jealousy and hatred until he explained that Waffles is just a cat.

Cats.

I shuddered at the thought of them. Those....rodents....need to return to the hell from which they came from. There they can hiss and just plain out hate you as they expect you to heed to their commands. Those monsters think they own the place, giving that look and that pride of theirs practically swelling! I look back at my mate. Why cats???

"Why do you...like cats?", I tried saying without spitting out the word.

A large grin spread across his face as he zones out, most likely in another world.

"Ahh! Soo much to saaay!", he turned back to me, "Well, first off: they're perfect! I mean, they're

"Cute,"

Hideous.

"Fluffy,"

They'd make nice coats.

"Cuddly,"

Hah! Yeah right....

"Playful,"

They don't play, they prey.

"Clean,"

They lick themselves without ever a clean mouth! Plus they don't like water...

"Calming,"

That's because all they do is sleep.

"Aaand....yeah, I guess that's it for now. Don't you agree though?"

I stopped walking. Did I...agree? With all that? I looked into his hopeful, happy, and innocent eyes.

"Mere words can't describe them."

Axel's eyes widened as did his smile. I practically felt myself melt on the spot.

"Ohh!! I can't wait for you to meet Waffles!! Come on!! Let's RUN!!"

He sprinted away, and I quickly followed in a panic. But before going any further he stopped and grabbed my hand to my surprise.

"Sorry, I shouldn't have suddenly ditched you."

As we ran, he looked ahead with a smile on his face. I just stared at him speechless. He understands me. I'm so glad I've finally found him.

*~in front of the shop~*

I was heavily panting. Turns out we weren't even close to the shop when we started running. In fact, 8 miles away. Axel tripped and sprained his ankle within the first mile so I carried him and ran the whole time. He looked so happy cheering and pointing before us as if on our way to an adventure. Running that long in human form is terribly exhausting, but for his sake, I didn't dare stop.

"Yay!! We're here!", he turned to look at me, concern and a sheepish grin on his face, "You okay?"

I immediately straightened myself, "I am fine, don't worry." , I have to protect him, can't be appearing weak now!

He smiled and hugged me, "Hehe, you're all sweaty,"

We entered the shop and the scent of multiple dogs hit my nose. The bell behind the door lightly rang and an old man popped up behind a counter.