Chapter Twenty Nine

• Bismillahirahmanalrahim •

Please if you guys haven't prayed yet make sure you stop reading, pray and return. This story can wait but Allah (swt) only knows that time doesn't.

Enjoy reading and May Allah (swt) grant all those reading this firdous.

Salams,
Your Sister In Islam
----------------------------------------------

Yusuf's POV
"Are you ready? Are you ok?" I asked for the umpteenth time. "Yes Yusuf. Trust me I'm not upset. Just breathe." She replied soothingly.

Initially I had suggested that we marry now and study together for the two years but Ihsan said that she preferred to wait the year. When I asked her why she said that she could read me well enough to know that the prospect of finishing my studies early was amazing to me and knew I was sacrificing that for her. She wants me to live my dream, focus on my education and then get married inshallah. Let's just say, she know me well Mashallah.

Ihsan's POV
Although I wished I would be able to begin my life with Yusuf, I knew this was the right decision. But ya Allah that didn't mean I wouldn't miss him. I just hope this one year would go past quickly.

As our shoes clicked on the tiles echoing in the quite hallway I couldn't help but feel as though I was sealing my fate. The door to Sheikh Umar's office loomed ahead and after arriving at the door we stood still, each immersed in the reality of the situation. "Ladies first" he gracefully prompted in a thick English accent opening the door. I blushed slightly and walked in baba coming up behind me, serving as my mahram.

"Salamualaykum" Sheikh Umar warmly welcomed to which we all replied. "So...have you decided?" He questioned. Yusuf cleared his throat and said, "Y-yes, sheikh we have decided to..wait the year then do our nikkah inshallah"
"Are you sure? The decision you make now is final"
Yusuf looked hesitant so baba and I replied simultaneously, "Yes Sheikh we're sure" and a sense of finality engulfed the very air we breathe.

Ten minutes and some conversation later we were ready to leave. This was the part I was dreading but I promised myself I wouldn't cry. I wouldn't see him for a year. Not a single word, action or glance. I mean although it was my decision, that way he could focus on his studies and I didn't want any fitnah (temptations) in that year for both of us, but ya Allah that didn't make it any easier.

I beat Yusuf to the door this time and held it ajar for baba and him. I didn't want him to see my cry, which I hoped wouldn't happen but I couldn't risk it regardless. If Yusuf saw me crying there was no doubt in my mind that he would run back to Sheikh and change our decision. But I couldn't do that to him. It would be just plain selfish. And although I really want to be selfish but especially after hearing Sheikh Umar's apology and knowing how much becoming a sheikh meant to Yusuf I just couldn't do that to him. And so I was willing to sacrifice. Ya Allah I hope it pays off.

By now we had reached the front entry to the carpark and I felt a wet substance begin to paint it's familiar paint on the bottom of my eyes. Ya Allah! "Asalamualaykum Yusuf. See you soon inshallah. Take care Habibi" baba spoke and Yusuf replied, "Walaykumasalamwarahmatallahuqabarakatuhu. Inshallah I look forward to it and you too Amo."

My head was lowered and although Yusuf wasn't looking at me, he never did. I mean I doubt the guy knew my eye colour, I still knew his attention had shifted to me,"Asalamualaykum Ihsan. See you in a year inshallah. " I breathed deeply willing myself to keep it together and said, "Walaykumasalamwarahmatallahuqabarakatuhu. I-I-nsh-shallah" and my voice broke.