5

The next morning, they woke up, to a growl. Ross stood in front fo everybody trying to being funny to calm everyone down, because everybody knew, he would never have the guts to fight whatever was out there. Luckily, some of them started to laugh, all except when the growling got louder and louder, until they realized it was Calum's stomach.

Raini: REALLY!?! YOU SCARED THE LIFE OUT OF ME!(she yelled smacking the red head.

Calum: IM SORRY!! Excuse me if a man needs to eat!

He knew it was time to run. Raini chased him down the beach.

Brooke: IF EVERYONE IS DONE FIGHTING, I'm going to go look for food, does anyone want to come?

Of course no one wanted to go with her, knowing there would be no witnesses for their deaths.

Brooke: Ok then.*she said as she walked off*

Everyone was trying to get cell service, until about an hour later when they heard someone scream.

Everybody: BROOKE!!!!!

Ross ran into the woods, 15 minutes later, Ross came out of the woods, with a pale looking Brooke on his shoulders.

Riker: Is she ok?!

Ross: She got bit by something, she isnt looking too good. (He exclaimed sadly).

Even though they all weren't considered friends with Brooke, they still cared and worried about her. The later the night got, the worse Brooke got. They found water, and washed it over Brooke's arm (where she was bit) but it didn't look like it helped.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Waking up the next morning, everyone got up except Brooke., they assumed she was still sleeping, but it was about an hour later they found that she wasn't.

Rydel: HELP!!!!!

Everybody ran in, nervous to what they were going to see next. They walked in to Rydel crying, holding a lifeless Brooke on on her lap.

Riker: NO!! No-no-no-no-no *he yelled running over to her*

Raini escorted Laura out of the fort knowing Laura was about to break down from seeing Brooke in that state, knowing what shes gone through.

Ross: ITS ALL MY FAULT!! (He said breaking down) *he ran out to the shore*

Laura, being the good friend she was, ran after him, to comfort him, and to make sure he would be ok.

Laura: Ross, hey its ok, its not your fault.

What he said next, frightened her, and made her break down also.

Ross: ITS NOT OK! YOUR RIGHT ITS NOT MY FAULT! ITS YOURS! IF I WOULD'VE GONE WITH HER, SHE'D STILL BE HERE. BUT NO, NOW THAT I THINK ABOUT IT, IT IS YOUR FAULT, ITS YOUR FAULT YOUR MOM IS GONE, AND YOUR FAULT THAT WERE ALL HERE! IF IT WEREN'T FOR YOU, BROOKE WOULD STILL BE HERE! I HATE YOU!

Laura's pov

I can't believe he just said that to me...I thought we were best friends.
Ross: *noticing what he said his features softened and regret filled his eyes* La..Laur, h-hey, Im...I didn't me...

I cut him off.

Laura: NO! DONT! YOU KNOW WHAT IVE GONE THROUGH! YET YOU STILL DECIDED TO SAY THAT! IVE BEEN BLAMING MYSELF FOR THIS EVER SINCE WE GOT HERE! DONT YOU SEE THAT!? WASNT IT YOU THAT JUST TOLD ME THE OTHER DAY THAT IT WASNT MY FAULT!? OR WERE YOU JUST MESSING WITH ME? DID YOU EVER EVEN WANT TO BE MY FRIEND? OR WAS IT ALL JUST OUT OF PITY? WELL GUESS WHAT? YOU DON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT ME ANYMORE!

I shout at him.

Ross: Laura, watch it, its not your fault, I'm sorry, I was just in shock, ple-

Lies.
Lies.
Lies.
Thats all thats going through my head right now. I cant listen to him anymore. I dont want to be around him. Maybe hes right. But im done. I cut him off again.

Laura: Just stop. Now I know how you feel, just leave it. Dont talk to me. Im just....done.

I storm off, trying to cool off. But I know that that wouldn't happen, my best friend doesn't even care anymore. At least I didn't find out later, when I got too attached....who am I kidding? Im already in deep. My crush just said he hated me. Yeah, my crush. Ok? Are you happy? I finally admit it. But it doesnt matter anymore. He hates me.

Ross' pov

UGH!! IM SUCH AN IDIOT!!! I CANT BELIEVE I JUST SAID THAT!! I WAS JUST SO MAD!! NONE OF THIS WAS HER FAULT! She hates me. I screwed up big time. IM SO STUPID! I run back to the others.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Still Ross' pov

Its been hours now. She still isnt back. Im starting to REALLY freak out now. IM SO STUPID! If she gets hurt, it'll be MY fault. She walked in a couple minutes later, at least shes ok, well physically anyway. She had tear stains on her cheeks. That sight right there, broke my heart. And knowing that its my fault, made it even harder to look at her.

End of pov
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It has been 2 days since the death of Brooke, and since Laura has last talked to Ross. They were all outside because they didnt want to be stuck in the fort all day. Ally was still asleep, she hasnt been eating. Ross noticed, and has been a wreck. He went to go check on her, but Rydel said she would handle it. A couple minutes later, the girls came out, laughing. Thats good, Ross thought.

Ross' pov

He examined Laura. She looked thinner than usual. Lack of food.
That doenst explain the fact that she is paler than Brooke looked. Ok, I'm checking on her, whether she likes it or not. I walk over to her, and she stands up, and instantly grabs her head, shes about to fall but I catch her just in time. I carry her to the fort. Im freaking out. I can barely think straight. I grab some fruit and water and hand it to her. She eats it, and soon, she falls asleep, I cant have that happen to her, I shake her awake. She glares at me, she can be mad at me all she wants, but I'm not about to let her leave me. If she wants to leave me, shes going to have try harder than that, 'cuz im not going anywhere, anytime soon.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Heyo my lovelies! I hope you enjoyed the chapter! What do you think is wrong with Laura? Talk to you tomorrow!