The Only Girl in the Band...[Part 4]

I woke up to someone flicking cold water on my face. I blinked and Mae came into focus with three tall figures standing behind her.

"Mae?" I asked.

"God, Ness. You scared the crap out of me," Mae breathed, helping me sit up.

"What happened?" I asked, looking at the members of The Velocity and Mr. Newton staring at me worriedly.

"What do you remember?" Mae asked.

"That I got into the band and that Ian guy walked out really angry," I replied.

"That's about where you passed out. I think you're dehydrated or something," Mae told me.

"I passed out?" I questioned. She nodded. I felt myself blush. "That's embarrassing," I muttered. Mae laughed. Mr. Newton handed me a glass of water.

"You can take the rest of the night off, Vanessa," he told me.

"Thanks," I replied, smiling gratefully. I looked at Liam and Camron.

"Well, congrats on getting into the band. Don't mind Ian. He's a douche to everyone; even us. We actually have another member, too, but he's not with us right now. He had a family emergency. His name's Caleb," Liam explained to me.

"Oh," was all I said.

"So we were thinking about having a formal induction sort of meeting this weekend, if that's cool with you," Camron suggested. I nodded.

"Yeah; that'd be fine," I said.

"Sweet. Give me your number and I'll text you when and where we'll be meeting," Camron said. I gave him my number and he gave me his.

"We'll see you later, then!" Liam said, jumping off the stage. And with that, him and Camron walked out of the restaurant.

"Ready to go home?" Mae asked me. I nodded.

"Good night, Mr. Newton," I called as we walked out. He waved in response. The cold autumn air felt nice on my clammy skin.

"Well, you are the queen of making scenes," Mae said.

"It wasn't my fault!" I exclaimed.

"Definitely got everyone's attention, though," Mae continued, ignoring what I said.

"I didn't do it on purpose. The only reason I auditioned was to get you to stop being mad at me," I said.

"Really? My friendship means that much to you?" she asked me, as we got in her car.

"Well, yeah. I mean, after all of those things you said to me earlier this week, I kind of had to. I would have been the biggest prick in the world if I didn't," I said. She smiled.

"Well if it isn't already clear, you're forgiven. And I would like to add a little I TOLD YOU SO!" she said, giving me a cocky smile. I slumped in my seat.

"Whatever. They were probably just tired of listening to people and just picked me. That Ian guy hates me, though," I said.

"Oh, come off it. You were totally picked because you were the best. And that Ian guy needs to pull the stick out of his ass. He was being a jerk to all the people that auditioned. Who does he think he is?" Mae said angrily.

"He's cute, though," I said after a silent moment.

"Totally hot," Mae agreed. We looked at each other and laughed. I sat back in my seat and sighed. What a night.

                                                                       ~~~~~~~~~~~~