Missing the Colour Red

• Dedicated to To My Wonderful Friend Esther: I told you I would dedicate it to you! ;)

I DO NOT OWN THESE CHARACTERS: J.K.ROWLING OWNS THEM. This is just a fanfic written by a huge HP fan.

Hello Everyone! Nice long chapter again, though not the 23 pages i gave you last time haha don't think im capable of that again. I hope you all enjoy this one, its a doozy. Also, explained further in this chapter is what my own personal opinion on what i think would happen when one creates a blood bond (i dont know if it actually happened anywhere in HP but this is my way) and also an explanation on the Ginny Neville thing. This story line is getting closer and closer to its finishing, but dont worry, everything will be tied up and there is some more action to come. ENJOY!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hermione felt as if half of herself had been ripped out, or more correctly, one third of herself. Knowing Ron’s happy smiley face had been snatched away without anyone noticing was one of the worst things she had ever felt. He was her brother, her best friend, the person who made her laugh in even the darkest of situations.

      And they had taken Lavender too, an innocent in all of this.

      Well, at least one thing was for sure now, they were right to take precautions over Lucius’s words, they just weren’t enough.

      Hermione wiped the tears from her face as they started to fall down again at the thought of Ron and Lavender. Her hand, now gripping Harry’s like a vice, was getting hot once again, and she attempted to cool it down. She succeeded.

      It was silent in Professor McGonagall’s office, where herself, the Professor, Kingsley Shacklebolt, Harry, and all of the Weasley’s now stood silently, no one quite sure what to say. Mrs. Weasley was a wreck, and she had every right to be. On the day of one of her sons had died, she had celebrated the birth of a granddaughter, only to have another son snatched away right beneath her nose. Mr. Weasley held onto her tightly, himself holding in the tears, but only just.

      Hermione’s thoughts were interrupted when an Auror she had seen on duty, walked into the office and addressed Kingsley.

      “Sir, none of the surrounding on-duty Auror’s have found any trace of Mr. Weasley or Miss. Brown. The last time they were seen was by mourners out by the lake. They appeared to walk inside the castle doors chatting to the man Miss. Granger and Mr. Potter described. Their memories have been viewed by Pensieve and we have found no matches with the face of the supposed kidnapper in our files. We also –“ Hermione cut the Auror off with a hysterical laugh.

      “Excuse me? Did you just say ‘supposed kidnapper’? What do you mean by that? There’s no other person who could have taken them, that’s who he was last seen by.” She snapped at the Auror and Kingsley.

      Kingsley’s eyes looked around the room quickly, then turned his gaze on her, “We say supposed as we aren’t sure if this man seen was the kidnapper.” That voice that was usually soothing was annoying her now, and she felt the anger bubble up inside of her, making her want to rip his vocal cords right out.

      “I understand that part, but who else could possibly be a suspect?” She asked. He looked around once more.

      “Hermione, just leave it.” He said, dropping the formalities of her last name. It bewildered her! How could he say such a thing? Out the corner of her eye, Hermione saw Mrs. Weasley pluck up too, a confused look on her tear stained face.

      “Just leave it? One of my best friends – no more like brother has been kidnapped with his girlfriend, and I ask who your suspects are and you tell me to ‘just leave it’?” She was yelling now, and up in the Minister’s face. She was still gripping Harry’s hand, but she felt that it was more Harry gripping hers, trying to keep her from jumping up on the man and attacking him.