N I N E

C A M I L A

"Does it ever drive you crazy just how fast the night changes?"

Punches are getting harder, she's getting even tougher, she's even angrier, but her kisses are what keep me going. I come back every day just to feel her lips against mine one last time. No matter how much she hurts me. I gotta tell her, I can't come anymore.

Today was a new week and a new spot. We've been in the girl's restroom, the art room, the cafeteria. This week was the music room, and I thought I was gonna barf.

I sat alone in the dark room facing the wall, I couldn't even face her. I didn't know what to say, to be honest. I guess I was just going to blurt something out and hope it makes sense.

I got startled as I heard the door open letting in a bunch of noise and light and being shut again to dark and quiet.

I felt a pair of arms wrap around my body and I couldn't help but relax into the touch. No, wait I can't. I tensed up a bit.

"You alright?" She whispered in my ear.

Fuck you.

"L-Lauren.."

"Hm..?" She hummed in response.

"Why don't you take me on a date?" I shot I didn't even know, it just happened so quickly.

"A date?" She asked releasing me.

"Yeah, where we go out or something, and not you beating me up and leaving me a hickey after."

"I guess."

"Are you going to ask me?"

"I, uh.. Wanna go on a date?" She asked shyly.

"You can do better than that Lauren."

"Fine, Karla Camila Cabello, will you go on a date with me?" She said confidently.

"Better." I smiled.

"So is that a yes?"

"Yeah."

"Good." She said leaning in, but I turned my face so she kissed my cheek.

"I don't kiss before the first date." I smile before walking out of the classroom.

"Tease." I hear her mumble when I left.

Well, I didn't expect that but at least I got a date out of it.

**THE NIGHT OF THE DATE**

C A M I L A

"Mom! If Lauren comes and I'm still getting ready let her in but don't talk to her!" I shout down the stairs.

"Alright!" I hear her shout back.

I look through my clothing trying to find the perfect outfit. I finally found one, she told me to dress business casual so I did that exactly.

L A U R E N

I pull up to Camila's driveway before stepping out of my car straightening myself out before I knock on the door, I didn't know who I would be greeted by so I always tried to look my best.

I knock on the door waiting a few moments before the door opened to who I assumed to be her mom.

"Oh, you must be Lauren, right? Oh, I hear so many good things about you from your mother."

"Yes, I am. Thank you Mrs. Cabello." I smile.

"Please, call me Sinuhe."

C A M I L A