void

The steady rise and fall of Ana's chest was the only thing keeping Pietro grounded. She looked nearly dead, pale face swollen and bruised, littered with numerous cuts, now cleaned, making the collateral damage look less than it previously did. Her lip was busted, her hair was singed. She had surgery to remove the two bullets lodged in her shoulder and side. Bruce estimated she had lost about a quart of blood during the invasion, and another pint during the surgery.

Wanda, Pietro, and Clint had taken turns donating blood to her, because fortunately, the four of them shared a blood type. Right now, it was Pietro's turn.

As he was hooked up to the draining machine, Bruce was examining Anastazya. After the invasion, they had been hiding out in one of Tony's safe houses he created for himself, an underground facility in the middle of Nowhere, Washington. The area was surrounded by hundreds of trees and shrubs, and at first sight, the facility was an old, deteriorated cabin in the woods.

Clearly, underneath, there was so much more.

"Is she alright?" Pietro mumbled, wincing as the machine went to work.

Bruce sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. "Her vitals are better. With this last transfusion, her blood should be completely replenished. I just don't know why she won't wake up."

Pietro nodded, hesitantly reaching forward and grabbing Anastazya's cold hand, rubbing it in between his own. The way he had bonded with Ana while it was just the two of them, was special to him. He trusted her and she trusted him, finally.

When he had first met her,
she amused him to no ends. And before Ultron captured Ana, and Pietro read her file the first time, all he wanted to do was make sure that no one would ever abandon or hurt her again. But she was the enemy. Despite that, he felt the strange need to protect her. He still felt that urge. He was relieved she was actually allowing him to do so now, instead of them incessantly bickering over stupid, trivial matters. They were friends. And he hoped they stayed that way for a long time.

But he was extremely pissed at her for being stubborn and nearly getting herself killed.

"She will come through," Pietro told himself. "She always does."

It would be another three days until Anastazya opened her eyes again. When she did, she was a little more than confused as to why she was still alive.

She slowly sat, propping herself up on her elbows, wincing when the gesture upset several parts of her body.

She was the infirmary unit in Tony's underground safe house. She remembered him showing it to her, in case she ever needed to flee there.

"Hello?" She croaked out, voice raspy from disuse.

In seconds Pietro was standing at her bedside. Ana smirked as watched as Wanda, Steve, Natasha and Clint jogged through the door after him, smiling excitedly.

"Welcome back to Earth, sweetheart," Clint jokes, ruffling her already matted, messy hair.

"Is everyone okay?" Ana asked, voice tinged with panic. Wanda smiled, resting her hand on Ana's leg.

"Why don't we worry about you for a second? Like-"

"What the hell was that you did in there? You could have just left with us and we all probably would have been fine!" Pietro yelled. Anastazya flinched, and Natasha took a step forward.

"Back down, Speedy Dick. You may have saved my life, but you aren't exactly in my good graces yet," Natasha hissed.

"Nat, it's okay," Ana told her, glancing at Pietro.

She sighed, running her hand over her face. "I am sorry to have worried you Pietro. I'm sorry to have worried you all. It wasn't my intention," Ana groaned, falling back in bed.

Pietro sighed and shook his head. "You are intolerable."

"And you are annoying. Now get out of my room, I've seen enough of you to last me a millennium."

Pietro chuckled, rolling his eyes. "As you wish, Princessa."

Steve looked at Ana with a raised eyebrow. "Maybe you should be a little nicer to the boy who saved your life."

The news was a surprise to Ana, but then again not really. Pietro was the only one well enough, and fast enough to save her from the building. Maybe she should have just thanked him instead of all the sass.

"Yeah, yeah Pops. Now give me a hug. I'm sure you smell better this time."

Hi guys! Thank you for 98K! That's so crazy! I am the number one Pietro Maximoff FanFiction on all of WATTPAD! I can not thank you enough for it. I don't deserve your kindness.

This chapter was a little short! But it's just because I wanted to update for you guys. I did a little thing where I started the chapter in Pietro's POV. Did you like that? Should I do it more often? Comment below!

Also I LOVE long comments....so you know. Just do your thang there in the section.

Anyways, I love you all. Thanks for reading! Don't forget to vote before you go.

All the love,

Mika